ZBrushCentral

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves art work

Better late than never, I guess…

Here are some shots of the Turkish Museum level.
I did the modeling, and the textures were done by Behrooz Roozbeh (majority of textures done in zbrush).
Oh, but there are also a few small statue artifacts placed in the courtyards which were outsourced.
Hope you enjoy.

Mike Murrill
Environment Artist
Naughty Dog
http://www.mikemurrill.com/html/portfolio_3digital.htmlNDmuseum_20.jpgNDmuseum_18.jpgNDmuseum_38.jpg

Attachments

NDmuseum_20.jpg

NDmuseum_18.jpg

NDmuseum_38.jpg

first of all, awesome work guys, loved the game and it looked definitely awesome, really well done

secondly, kick hanno to post his stuff too ^^

http://www.polyphobia.de/public/index.php?dir=./advices/matcap

Looks awsome.characters are wikked.
LOVE the enviroments and textures…Ty for sharing your works :).

Hello, I’m Nichol Norman and I’m also an environment texture/shader artist here at Naughty Dog. I’m new to z-brush central and had my first error while uploading.Hooray. So,hopefully this won’t be a double post.Here are just a few textures I’ve done for Uncharted 2 all done in z-brush

nn1.jpgnn2.jpgnn3.jpg

haha, well I think your gonna have to kick him, he is closer to you then us right now:cry:

Hi, I am Behrooz Roozbeh also background Texture/Shader artist on Uncharted…
Here are some of the textures I did for the Museum courtyards . enjoy!

used on some walls and planter box

used on some of the courtyard doors

used on courtyard arcadesmuseum-arcade-001-color.jpgmuseum-arcade-003-color.jpgmuseum-arcade-004-color.jpg

Great stuff guys. Love how the game turned out! Rich, Darcy, Oui Oui, Nichol, and Behrooz…hows it going? hope all is well! I miss you crazy kids.

Oh my god! how long did it take to make that scene!? it looks so good! it really raises the standard in the games industry.

Definitely the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen. Great work guys!

Thanks for the free textures too! Though, can someone get Nichol remove her watermarks? I won’t be able to use those textures otherwise.

Hey Ricardo! i miss our lunches…Cuban Food Posse!

Amazing work. Your environments look staggering. Thank you for posting.

Man I’m so jealous! I think working at Naughty Dog would be my dream job. To work on a project that turns out so amazing, I can only imagine. The polish on the game is simply unbelievable. A couple of questions

1. How was the hair placed? Was it done manually, plane by plane? Or is it automated with a script?

2. Who is responsible for making the shaders? Some of them look pretty intense.

3. How many artist are on the environment team? (I’m still having a hard time understanding how 7 people got all those characters done!)

Again, awesome work. By far the best game of the current generation of consoles. Thanks for sharing!

Simply the best game I have ever played, right before Uncharted I :slight_smile:

Great artwork, great contribution guys, hats off. I was stunned by the graphics, and the gameplay in every 10 seconds. When i thought there is nothing more, you came up with a new stunning landscape.

I couldn’t reaD all the comments, but I’m interested if you have used the same topology for each head?

Great artwork! I could no longer hold off on buying a PS3 when Uncharted 2 came out. Congrats to everyone who worked on it, it is such a fun ride!

Awesome Work! Just awesome!

The env work is mindblowing as well. Awesome guys and thanks for posting these.

beautiful work…just beautiful

beautiful environment work :+1:

Love the game ! First time ever I even attempted a second playthrough…
just to visit all those exotic, amazing environments again.

The subtle reflections in the borneo swamps, the flickering selfshadowing in the underground caves lit by blue torchlight, the vibrant colors and lighting in the urban warfare level, standing on top of the Shangri-La hotel overlooking the city with the ominous clouds in the background…

What can I say…it’s an epic adventure…Big Thanks to you guys for making it !

and…more environment/prop art please :wink:

Wonderful work, Uncharted 2 is the most amazing visual game of this year, I sure!

Can you give detail on some point which were mentioned ?

Did you use alpha blending for your hair shader in the game ? or do you relying only on alpha testing ?

When you said that you use the high res model in game.
You mean that for baked cinematic bink video, for in game cinematic and in game playing you use the same high res model ?
so this mean that when in game phase, drake is 37K at screen ? This include weapons, cloth, or only drake (hair, head and body) ?

You talk about an automatic progressive meshes system. This is only applyed on character, or object and background too ?
I suppose that you must provide to engine 3 different LOD mesh and it process the transition smoothly by welding vertex between different LOD (on SPU ?). Are you requried to do special work to handle texture distortion, seams in UV etc… during transition.

Many thanks to share your work, all of you!
cheers