ZBrushCentral

TUTORIAL - The Cartoon Female

Thanks a lot Paul. It is very nice of you
to share your techniques with everybody.
Your workflow inspired me to a practic style.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the step-by-step, Paul; itā€™s a work of art in itself. Sadly I know it will never enable me to achieve the sort of results you do, but itā€™s nonetheless fascinating to see the way a master works.
:+1: :+1:

Thank you Paul for doing this tutorial - it is very much appreciated.

:+1: :+1:

Many thanks :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you all very much for the kind replies, and thank you aurick for putting the html together. I hope it has helped some of you out, even if it is out of date :small_orange_diamond:

THis is very nicely done hitch :+1: Iā€™ve posted both on cgtalk.com and 3dfestival.com excellent workā€¦

salud,

wow - greatest 3d-pinup-art genuinly explained - thanks for that load of tips, hitch, and for the beautifullious layout, aurick! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

• juandel

Simply Amazing!

Very well done. You are a master collaborator Aurick. You have a way with putting things others have done into a very nicely flowing package.
Thanks Paul for your hard work. It is nice to see you get credit for your efforts. I am happy to see that Aurick gave you the credit to deserve.
I think you two make an excallent team,
Congratulations to both of you.
Looking forward to the next joint effort.
DeeVee,
Joe

aurick,

I know itā€™s a long shot. But is there any chance that you would create a #D picture of the below drawing? Iā€™ll do it myself but I still suck at creating women. The hair is dirty blond, dress is glittery dark blue, And the eyes (both open) are hazel green.

Hi White
Fistly : you can easy with Zbrush to colorise your model like a comicā€™s (2D or 2.5D)
Secondly : for a 3D Modele only with Zbrush you can also but you need some practical and exercices before :slight_smile:
Third : A more easy way : import a Poser Model !
Pilou

I donā€™t have Poser, therefore I canā€™t get a model. I would try to the steps shown on the privies pages in Zbrush. Acturally I would Love to try them. But Iā€™m have a monitor problem. You see, it constantly fades in to Black , andd sometimes it just goes out likke it jusst did. I donā€™t want the model, just a possible picture. Iā€™ll give the artist 100% credit for the image (but the character remains mine). Iā€™ll even post the picture under the ā€œFan Artā€ section of my site. Itā€™s 100% vollenteer of course.

You said you modeled these from a 2D picture? Can you explain how you did that or post a tutorial on this? I really want to learn how to that and canā€™t find anything about itā€¦ youā€™re the first iā€™ve read that came close to what iā€™m looking forā€¦ thanks.

How do you create multiple 3D object and put them all together? I know how to model (SOMEWHATā€¦LOL) but I want to know how to put them together. Like if I have 3 different 3D objects, how do I make them 1?

hi edrake sorry for the lateness of my reply, I have not been checking the forum as much as i should lately

note: I made this tutorial with version 1.2 or something like that and I havenā€™t used this techniques for a number of years now, You can now make the entire model out of one zphere model, and you can use millions of polygons instead of the small number that was used to create these, also If you donā€™t like the pose or position of your character, you can change it with a zsphere model, I would recomend downloading the practical manual, the tutorials in it are fantastic, I had been using zb for longer than most and I still learnt a whole heap by reading it,

however, in answer to your questions, what i meant by modelling from a 2d picture is that I choose a picture that i want to make into a 3d picture, and then I make a new layer in my zb document and fill the layer with the picture, I then make a new layer and make shapes that fit into the form of the female.
how i make multiple shapes into one: If i am making say, a leg out of two spheres, I will make the thigh with as much detal as I can, then just snapshot it to the canvas, after that I make a new sphere for the lower half of the leg and model that to fit the lower half of the leg as best as i can, I then position it next to the upper half of the leg so it fits as seamlessly as possible, I then use the smudge and glow tools to elimate any seams,

I hope this helps, if you need any assistance at all just send me a pm

(message edited)

Excellent tutorial, you this of congratulations!! would like to do a question: After modeling all that separate pieces one of the other, as, please, for the love and God, it is possible to unite them, no matter how much I try, I donā€™t get to work with more than a piece in Zbrush. Please a help? Thank you!!

If you are talking about linking up multiple meshes into one tool to place anywhere on the canvas then the marker tool is your best bet. marcus_civis
made an awesome plugin for this,
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=28718&highlight=markers

hope this helps, oh you can also insert meshes into zsphere objects, forgotten exactly how to do it (if any knows please post), you get better blending this way i think

almost forgot, older method of unifying meshes, but effective, by Ken Brilliant

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=3268

Hello Hitch,

Thank you, thank you very much!! Your help is of great value for me, now it is only to study!! Hugs!!