ZBrushCentral

Tutorial: 'Rusted Golden Idol' with a drop shadow

you can get this material by running the script.

But friend, in my ZB2 the script not running all, one error occours and not teminate metal corrosed :frowning:

Anyone please talk to me, why this script have problems in ZB2?

Anyone, please post here this material for me :wink:

Thanks for all,

Druid®

The tutorial is included in the Help system that is built into ZBrush 2. You should run that version, since it is compatible with Z2.

You can also find out the exact settings to use to make the material yourself in the ZBrush 2 Practical Guide. This tutorial is one of the earlier chapters.

I also get this error when running the ZBrush 2 tutorial. The script stalls with this message:
ZScript Note: Interface item could not be found.
MATERIAL:MODIFIERS:Saturation
in
[ISet,MATERIAL:MODIFIERS:Saturation,1]

It’s something to do with loading the Colorizer1 material.

Loading the Colorizer1 material before running the script solves the problem.

Regards,
Mark

I ran the tutorial last night without difficulty. Are you telling ZBrush not to reinitialize the interface at the start of the script?

No, I’m doing everything it tells me to. :slight_smile:
In other words, if I start Z2, choose the Help Topics, select the tutorial, run and initialize it stalls with the above message. :confused:

If I start Z2, cancel the welcome screen, select the Colorizer1 material then go to Help Topics, select tutorial, run and initialize (yes, really) everything is OK.

Regards,
Mark

I should have said, I’m running:
Win98SE
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
736 RAM

Regards,
Mark

OK, now this tutorial running.
But, one problem, this model is not 3d and I can’t export model with material to .obj
I need so much the whole material in this Idol to me work in 3DSMAX.
Please i don’t know to export the complete material to 3dsmax, anyone help me.

Fine thanks

Druid®

Attached my actual work and the material idol that I necessary :rolleyes:

I am writing a tutorial/training paper for a group of recently converted 3D folk…starts off like this.

2D or not to 2D? That is the question that, for a while, was the predominant thought among most ZBrush newcomers. If you haven’t heard already, ZBrush isn’t like your typical 3D application. Funny thing is, it is not like your typical 2D application either. It is a bit of both (hence Z+Brush). Pixologic was able to combine both worlds in an extraordinary way.
Zbrush utilizes a revolutionary concept: The Pixol! Pixologic was able to pack more information into a standard pixel. Not only does it remember the RGB value and x/y position in the document window but it is also able to contain information such as depth or Z coordinate, orientation such as surface normal, and material properties. These ‘Smart Pixels’ are the key element which allow ZBrush to merge the world of 2D and 3D.
ZBrush has some of the typical functions of a 2D painting program such as drawing and paint brushes, blur and sharpen brushes, and even a smudge brush. The document window is more like a painting program environment as well. There are no cameras or view ports or anything like that. Its just a straight pixel based document window.
Then there is the 3D aspect of Zbrush. With the basic paint tools are various polygon based tools. Typical primitives like Sphere3D, Cylinder3D, Cube3D, Cone3D, Plane3D, and Ring3D. Then there are the ‘not-so-typical’ primitives like spiral3D, Helix3D, Sphereinder3D, and the revolutionary ZSphere. These 3D tools are polygon based and can be edited just like the 3D objects we are all used to with the exception of the Zsphere which we will get to later.
The model can only be considered 3D while in edit mode. Once you change tools, change layers, save the document, or take a ‘snapshot’ of the tool, the object is then converted from a polygon based object to pixols. This allows the object to be edited on a pixol based level and not a poly by poly level. The main benefit of this process is to not only allow you to use any of the other tools and brushes on the object but to also allow for amazing levels of color and modeling detail. This also allows Zbrush to work in a realtime rendering engine no matter how complex the scene can get (unlike 3D applications).
Even though the object has been converted to pixols, it is not lost. I repeat, it is NOT lost. The original still remains in the Tool Palette so don’t worry. Just draw the tool again and continue editing. Just remember, once you exit Edit mode, it is snapshot onto the canvas and converted to pixols. This is the major concept behind ZBrush’s object handling.
When it comes to saving files, Zbrush is more like a 2D application. It does not save 3D tools, and other various elements with the document like a 3D application. So in order to save your work, you must not only save the document of your work but you must also save any tools, brushes, alphas, and other elements created for the project. Although materials and lights are saved with the document, you may also want to save these for use in other projects.

Thats the start of it but the point is clear nontheless. This and other valuable info can be found in the help system within ZBrush. I suggest everyone go through this entire system before diving head first into Z. It is IMO though. But the education in paramount. Especially for the 3D thinking mind.

Good Luck

sounds good MTB

Hi friends :slight_smile:

OK, OK, OK.

I go to change a question.
Anyone, please, can show me step by step, how create it this material (rusted idol) in 3d model to export to .obj and use it in 3DSMAX?

Fine thanks for all attention.

Druid®

Zbrush doesn’t export materials save a default.
You would have to create the material from scratch in Max or create a texture in ZBrush and export that.

Ok dear friend, but how to do create this texture (rusted idol) in zbrush and how to do exported to 3DSMAX, please, send me instructions step by step for this one :frowning:

I could saw this final the zscript anything in texture menu about this rusted idol, but I don’t know to export to 3dsmax or aplicated in other model in ZB2, I need some help from the masters of this forum, common friends :wink:

Thanks for all attention

Druid®
Brasil

Up!

Druid®

P.S. Nothing :confused:

UP!

Druid®

sigh okay I feel really clueless but that’s probably because I’ve never really learned how to make full use of any 3d program except poser and bryce but not a modeler. I’ve tried but so far this one seems more suited to the way I think.

But today… well… okay to the point.

I tried to follow the instruction for the rusted golden idol from the practical guide and I was fine until I got to the part after adjusting the lighting and started to adjust matterial. The text assumes unintentionaly you know what matterial to select and gives only part of the details needed to continue. Thus my attempt to fill in the gaps did not give the results I was looking for or expected.

So I come to the forum and search for that topic and found this thread with the link for the script. I ran the script and it helped fill in some of the gaps quite well when you pay close attention. However like Marcus earlyer I ran into the same Modifier not found. In fact I restarted zbrush to see if the modifier had simply been removed during script by some chance…
Well all that isn’t really importand.

I’ve yet to learn what this color1 is that he was talking about since I’ve only been using zbrush2 for less than a week now. Cold someone outline where and how to load this so that I may view the script in it’s entirety plz.

Thanks

color1 = colorize1 in the material listing… just found it. The script run through fine this time. *No I’m not a blond I’m and air sign but I guess that’s just as bad huh :lol: *

incidently my system is running Windows xp. Perhapse the script would be better if it started out by selecting this material as the script sets up things in the beginning and then going through it’s normal process. Ah well… I did exactly like Marcus said and loaded colorize1 materal and skipped initialization.

Thanks to his post I was able to run the script through :smiley:

Druid<<< don’t know if your still around but I had a thought about your texture problem. I haven’t yet figured out how to get the materials to so the metalic look even with the material baker… but I would have painted the entire background the way you painted the figure… or simply painted a 3d cube sized to fit the screen the same way that was done for this idol. Then saved exported as a tiff/psd and converted the image to jpg or what ever the compatible file format would be and applied it as an image texture to the 3d object. but since I don’t have 3dmax I don’t know if you can do that as many of the programs I use will use the images as textures. But it’s a possiblity.

has anyone got this to work in zbrush3?

Thanks,
-stellar