ZBrushCentral

Tucho's Sketchbook

Nice work! Low poly is the best. Good to have your talents at Ubisoft.
Would love to see more work. :smiley: :+1:

P.S. - Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver Series will always be my favorite. I miss Soul Reaver… :cry:

Thanks for your comments mahlikus, but I just enter Ubi a month ago I don’t participate in any of those games.

Some Wanted game models more.

The bullet model was rendered by my good friend Tommy

statues.jpg

Attachments

skeleton.jpg

bullet.jpg

beautiful works :+1:

I loved all

Awesome models! I’m really liking this thread. You maps are so nice and clean. Not to turn in into a 3dsmax thread ,but could you explain you pelt mapping and noormal map techniques in detail. I have been messing around with pelt mapping and am starting to understand it a little bit, but Im kinda a noob when it comes to unwraping. I know I’m asking alot ,but If you have time I would appreciate it.

Very nice work! :+1:

Thaks for your comments guys :smiley:

could you explain you pelt mapping and noormal map techniques in detail
I made a basic pelt mapping video tutorial a couple of years ago, you can see it here. No sound, I’m sorry, my english is not good enough to talk during the tutorial, but basically the “trick” of the pelt mapping is to choose the best way to put the seams in the model and in this tutorial you can see an example of this.

EDIT: I just upload the pelt mapping tutorial to youtube with comments

For the normal map projection I use max or ZBrush directly depending on the cases, I project the normal map in max when the model has not a lot of detail and I can export to max a mesh with a million polys as maximun, like the statues above, I projected the global detail from the geometry and added the low frequency detail (stone detail) later in photoshop. When the ztool has a lot of detail and the mesh has several millions of polys I make the normal projection directly in Zbrush (z-mapper) or using another software like X-normal (great one).

I hope this info be useful for you.

Awesome, thanks for the info and the video link. this has really helped me out.

gargoyle_thum.jpg

I hope you like it, as always crits and comments are welcome.

Attachments

gargoyle_wire.jpg

gargoyle.jpg

hero_war_assets.jpg

hero_war_interface.jpg

hero_war_interface_2.jpg

hero_war_index.jpg

:+1: :+1: this thread belongs up top row several posts ago??? very cool stuff in here!!!

I concur. Very nice stuff. Inspiring.

Thanks for your comments Prosthesis and Gary Komar :slight_smile:

this thread belongs up top row several posts ago?

I think so, but I’m not sure.

Hi again people, here are some characters that I made as freelance artist for Nerlaska studio, a small Spanish videogames company.

The characters are really low poly and only have a 512x512 diffuse map (not normal), but I modeled they in Zbrush anyway to get an occlusion map and use it for the diffuse.

![thumnail.jpg|110x60](upload://hDOaohUY8Q7Zj6thlaCb3kW4yVm.jpeg)

Attachments

dilophosaurus_01.jpg

dilophosaurus_views.jpg

dilophosaurus_zb.jpg

wild_boar.jpg

wild_boar_views.jpg

zombie_warrior.jpg

zombie_warrior_views.jpg

zombie_warrior_zb.jpg

thumnail2.jpg

superb low poly work i am impressed :slight_smile:

awesome work. :+1:

Very cool work! :+1:

really cool game models !

keep 'em coming !

Thanks for your comments guys, I’m glad you like my characters :smiley:

Here is another image, is the head of my last character, It’s still work in progress, I’ll post updates here in the next days.

thum.jpg

Attachments

warlock6.jpg

Nice game models!

Thanks gentleman.
Here are an update of the head and a quick sketch of the body

thum2.jpg

Attachments

warlock7.jpg

concept2.jpg

Nice going on this character, only two crits on the head:

• the line between lips looks a bit too straight. You already have a small variation at the center of the lips, wich is good, but it might need some other tweaks on the sides.
  • you should move the top of the skull a bit upward. For now, especially from far, your guy seems to have the eyes too high, actually it’s because the forehead is a bit too short. But the rest of the face have good proportions.

For the costume, i’ll pick the right one. But don’t forget to add some extra stuff to break a bit the symetry and add some life: paper rolls, amulet…

Looking forward to see more. :wink: