ZBrushCentral

TribunMaximus Sketchbook

And now a picture from a alien… " Wanted "

Ciao,
TMWanted.jpg

This is a begin of a tribut to Caravaggio: Amore vincit omnia , but in another way…:smiley:
I try to cover the pose and the colors of the original picture.

Start.jpgZBrush Document4.jpgZBrush Document6.jpg

Ciao,
TM

Amazing thread. Love the last piece:+1:

really awesome and interesting stuff, I dig your unique art style, were those really overly stretched polygons I was seeing that you were using as the actual style of art? it was effective. almost surreal. good job.

I new immediately from the pose that it was Caravaggio. So I’d say you nailed it :slight_smile:

@nebular @–E-- Many thanks for your interest!
@SammehSAMURAI The most works with Zbrush are very very realistic.That’s not my understanding of art. Everything is super realistic, but where is the imagination? High polish art out of a car catalog, but ultimately all the same. Where is the Munch, Monet … Art in Zbrush? :evil:

Whatever… a new try : Asymmetrical Beauty :smiley:

Ciao,TM

Asymetric.jpg

these are great, enjoyed flicking through your sketch book, each piece has interest

I totally agree with you :slight_smile: art is the expression of one’s self via any means possible, yet a lot of the super realism seems more like a study of science in some cases. I love what your doing, keep it coming :smiley:

You´re mixing artistic concepts here. “Topic”, “Style” and “Skills” are different ingredients used to do art.

Monet
Topic: Flowers
Style: Impresionism
Skills: Very good with oil and watercolor
Imagination: Well… he looks flowers and paints those flowers so…

Dali
Topic: Surrealistic scenes of different themes
Style: Realistic. Very realistic sometimes
Skills: Very good with oils and mixed media
Imagination: He represents crazy scenes created in his imagination. Very high

Don´t hide behind the shield of an “unrealistic style” to talk about imagination. Imagination is not an style and yes, is easier to do something realistic in a 3d program but, if you try to do someting non-realistic in 3d is like if i do a marble sculpture triying to get the appeareance of a watercolor in paper…is a negation of the tipical mark of the medium. If you don´t want volumetric and/or realistic results, try Photoshop. It will give you the freedom to put the shadows where you want, put the volumes you like and spread freely your imagination. :wink:

@duchamp2099

I’ve been waiting for such a response, but that’s not what I mean.
There is no tipical mark of the medium “3D”. That is thinking in narrow-minded categories.
And that is poison for art. Photoshop, canvas and oil, Zbrush and pencil are only tools, without limits … and can be mixed.
I do not need to hide behind an unrealistic style, because I can model realistic.
I take the freedom - to put the shadow and the volume where i want - already in Zbrush :wink:

Ciao,
TM

interesting style i am digging it a lot :slight_smile:

I starting with new ideas…NetZeusFrontHa.jpgNetZeusBack.jpgNetZeusSide.jpgMystique01.jpgMystique03.jpgMystique04.jpg
Reloaded from a old model from me : Zeus as bull for “Rape of the Europa”, next time i will reworked the Europa. And Young Mystique/Raven from XMEN First Class.
Cheers,
TM

P.S.KingDurinIII.jpg
This 3 works are very old, but partly make with Zbrush.

AresFinal01.jpg

Cheers,
TM

great work :slight_smile:
you motivated me to sculpt my own dwarf :slight_smile: (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?168341-Fynn-s-Sketchbook&p=982548#post982548

@FynnGB
Thx and your dwarf looks good.
Perhaps i should remake my King Durin III.

And last, but not least…
…a criminal alien, that is wanted in five galaxys…
.Wanted.jpg

Cheers,
TribunMaximus

This is Tevildo (WIP). He is the Lord of the Cats in the Tolkien-Universe.

NetTevildo1.jpgNetTevildo2.jpgNetTevildo3.jpg

Cheers,
TM

Another shot from TEVILDO- The Lord of the Cats.

Tevildo7 (2).jpg

And a dwarf that called TELCHAR. He is the smith of the sword Narsil.
The first pic is an old version from 3dsmax and the second pic my new begin in Zbrush.

Telchar6.jpgTelchar.jpg

Cheers,
TM

And now a Viruvian Alien.

VitruvAlie1.jpgVitruvAlie2.jpg

Cheers,
TM

Hi TM,

Very interesting artwork ( also great that you could post some of a bit “distastefull” stuff like the piglingeater or the Europeraper (almost politicalstuff nowadays and isn’t he missing someting important for his endevaur ;).
) i especially like your bloody hoplit. Is this achilleus? And the tree is also very intresting.
how come, you are so fond of the greek mythology theme? Are you working on some bigger concept?

cheers. Jake

@Jake Rupert
Many thanks for your interesting in my works. The man of the skulls is the god of war,ARES. I´m a great fan of every kind of mythology, especially the unknown stories, as for example
Tevildo from LOTR-Universe.

And here a new shot from Vitruv-Alien. :wink:

NetVitruv.jpg

Cheers,
TM