ZBrushCentral

Tip for hiding polygroups

:smiley: HI RON!!!

understanding it. seems simple. but my stuff here doesnt want to isolate the polygroup. i keep control+ shift+left clicking like this thing says and nothing doing. im new to this program. just got it for christmas from my fiance. he knows how much i love drawing and all. so i thought y not try using it. lol.

anymew ive done all the methods here and its not doing a thing. maybe a restep back to how to isolate polygroups might help. since i think my program isnt getting what im saying.

What happens when you ctrl-shift left click a polygroup and NOTHING HAPPENS? I have that happen sometimes and no idea what I am doing wrong. Are there other things that can be set or active that would prevent that from working?

Aside from restarting ZBrush, which I am going to try next.

I am really enjoying the tips for improving my Zbrush’s skill. I will make practice on remembering these. So these tips must help me a lot.

thanks for the short introduction for selecting polygroups

I should start to use them much more than subtools and could need some little obvious advises like this XD

Sure, it would be faster to deselect the muzzle and the head and just invert.
But for a beginner, it wouldn’t be bad to click some more times, just to get used to the workflow.

I too have a situation where I need to hide polygroups, but in my situation the polygroups are in the coat and in the Avatar model. My dilemma is, if separately hidden, once I finish manipulating the model, how do I get all of the Polygroups back so I can group again, say the Coat and put it into a new group and manipulate that?
After all this I would like to Remesh these, since Marvelous Designer has an interesting way of meshing in Quads.

Attachments

ZBrush ScreenGrab03.jpg

I would suggest this :

1. Ctrl+Shift+Leftclick on 1st Polygroup (Isolate Polygroup)
  2. Ctrl+Leftclick-drag 1st Polygroup (Mask)
  3. Ctrl+Shift+ Leftclick Outside (Unhide all)

+Repeat for 2nd Desired Polygroup

Then you can play with Invert/Hide/Show Mask to easily isolate Polygroups, re-assign them/Split to Subtool, etc.

Also this way if you have a lot of Polygroups, you wouldn’t have to select each one by one like mentionned :+1: