ZBrushCentral

The Grenadier

If you texture him as well as you sculpted him I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting top row.

Beautiful work! Love the presentation of all your work! the modeling is very, very nice as well!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

Y’know, I loved playing with the little green army men as a kid. Pose and platform remind me so much of those. It’s like a special super awesome edition!

Same here, but I never saw one as well made as this!

Great sculpt and pose.

Excellent job, incredibly inspirational.

:+1:

Oh man!

Nice work,
The belt with the grenades was just phenomenal.

You guys are awesome! I’m really inspired by these enthusiastic responses.

• Rick Baker, aka MonsterMaker, sir, thank you! Your work is iconic; I’m honored!
  • Greg, thanks for the help with the posing (Greg, aka, gttowns is a VERY experienced animator who has been schooling me on posing).
  • Akin (aka RockinAkin), thank you kindly. You know you your work is very inspiring indeed!
  • nickz, dude, your freely available head topo has been integral to my learning process. Thank you sir!
    -Everyone else, much appreciated!

I’ll try and get some stuff up in the next couple of days regarding making of cloth, ideation, stuff like that, for sure. Till then, thanks everyone.

Best,

-Chris

Amazing stuff!

Fantastic! Modeling, details and pose are great ! :+1:

top row stuff! love it!

Hey guys,

The texturing process has been going slowly in the wake of everything else, but I’ve thrown together this business card (front & back) for Siggraph. It also served as an ideation step for the final render idea. Hope you like.

bcard_front.jpg
bcard_back.jpg

Nice work. Beautiful Sculpt and dynamic pose. Congratulations. Have fun at the booth, you make ZBrush4R4 shine even more!
Go see everyone!

Cheers,
Keridan
Reel

amazing pose with handling the grenade !

Great work!

Great work!

I feel inspired and would love to see more from you, your topology in particular is extremely clean and polished, very well done!
So what do you have planned next?

Love the retro look and feel! Have a blast at Siggraph!!!

Thanks guys. An to answer the question “What’s next?”, well, this is. haha. I’m working on the texture right this moment.

Hey guys, I have begun to texture him. All textures are hand painted, with some minor exceptions in places like the leather where areas were sourced from photos for the base layer. Hope you like. Comments & Critique always welcome!

Also, I remade the bag from scratch, realizing it was insufficient. I’ll post wires on that soon. I’m going to do a full shot of the bandoleer next.

EDIT Added wire renders.

grenadierpouchesretainers_sm.jpg
grenadierpouchesretainerswire_sm.jpg
grenadierbag_sm.jpg
grenadierbagwire_sm.jpg
grenadiershoulderarea_sm.jpg
grenadiershoulderareawire_sm.jpg

Attachments

grenadierbag_sm.jpg

grenadierbagwire_sm.jpg

grenadierpouchesretainerswire_sm.jpg

grenadierbagwire_sm.jpg

wow, that texturing is too good. I love it. It all looks so real. Just amazing.

Ezra