ZBrushCentral

The Flash Noir

Top Row!

Very nice model!
I really like the cloth and texture work, you could have had a little bit of detail on the skin’s face, but anyway the character is looking really great
Congrat, good job :+1:

Thanks for the great response everyone!

Webhead: Cheers dude!

magalhaes: Thanks!

tobbeo: Ha ha ha! Glad his haircut made an impression. :slight_smile:

Stufflebeam: Well, I didn’t work on the image for 2 years. I started working on the image 2 years ago and then I moved so during a year and a half I didn’t have time to work on it.
The process generally is: Modelling, UV-mapping, texturing, posing, rendering. Nothing more fancy than that.

pabgo: Just simple Maya fur.

carver : Thanks! But don’t be envy, be inspired instead! :wink:

MikeANash: Thanks! With sheen/lens distort, what exactly were you thinking of? The lens artifacts?

digitalmind: Cheers mate! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

memania44: Deciding what should be worn and what shouldn’t was quite hard. Maybe you’re right about the soles but I didn’t want him to look too worn out. Logically those shoes would’ve been worn out in no time, also the space under the arms and upper body would be quite worn from all the swinging of the arms back and forth. So it was more a conscious decision from my part.
Regarding the mask I didn’t want it to look like he fashioned or bought an S&M, full covered leather mask.
Thanks!

KrisKelly3D: Thanks! Really appreciate it!

GhostofMacbeth: Thanks dude!

kaisasose: Thanks!

voodoodad:I wanted to keep small bits and elements from the original Flash, but remake them a bit. Try to show what it could’ve looked liked before it bekame the spandex version it is today. I love easter eggs btw, so thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Dmonk: Cheers! :slight_smile:

Ducard:It’s like voodoodad wrote, he’s basically in mid-step but the toes does actually touch the ground. Could’ve exaggerated it a bit more in retrospect.

RJ the eccentric :
Thanks!

voodoodad: Right on the money! :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

asecbrush: Thank you!

Shepard.B: Thanks!

CarlosVidal: Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it!

Grymt jobbat :slight_smile:

You have really nailed the different cloth types well. Everything from the leatherjacket with silk interior to the ribbed cotton shirt.

I would love to see some zbrush screens of the model!

Would also love to know which alpha you used for the clothseams cuz they look very good :wink:

All the best,

Jonas

Great work!

another awesome character!! i love all u models!!!

10 Stars

Awesome/amazing job.

very very nice work! see you on Zbrush central top row !!

this top row work.
can u pls share your texturemap.n your texturing process

Really great treatment of the individual fabrics man. Beautiful render an cool sculpt. Top row, here you come for sure!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Perfect!

Oh my Gosh this is Fantastic man. I totally Dig this one. You have done an outstanding job. Thanks for sharing with us.

Great model ! The render and the shaders look really nice, which renderer did you use ?
Good job

Needs to be top row and here and at CGFeedback! Great work!

That’s… Really good!

Energise: Tackar Jonas! Läget annars? :slight_smile: I’m attaching some zbrush screen and early texture progression further down in this post.
As you probably can see by the zbrush screens I’m not using any alphas for the cloth seams. Dividing the mesh to the degree where have stitches in your geometry will not only slow down the modelling but that also means that you’ll have to divide the model so many time when rendering with displacement that it’ll slow down the whole process. That’s why I’m using a bump texture for that.

Omar Pico: Thanks man!

pappete: Thanks! I really appreciate it! I’ll try to post more on a regular basis.

InkySpot: Let’s keep our fingers crossed! :wink:

Lucky_1: Cheers mate!

ZawYeMyint: I’d really like that! Let’s hope!

madhead: I’m not sure how much time I have to do a tutorial, but I’ll see if I can post some screens of the textures at least. Thanks!

pOiNtPuShEr: Thanks! People really seem to like the material and texture work. That’s great!

lazy noob: :wink:

Angelblade: No problem! I love zbrushcentral and all the amazing work and techniques people post here.

Guedin: Thanks! I used Mental Ray for this one. When doing more concept type work I really enjoy using Zbrush BPR though.

Mrguy: Thank you! I started posting some WIP images there 2 years ago. I’ll post some of them here now as well.

Jerick: Thats… Great! That you think so! :wink:

Here’s a few more recent model screens and some texture WIP from about two years ago. The texture and stitching on the mask has change a bit since then but the creation process is still the same.

the.flash.noir.pose.jpgthe.flash.noir.jacket.jpgthe.flash.noir.side.jpgsweater.jpgZGrab13.jpgZGrab14.jpgearpieces.jpgPants.jpg

Nice job, thank you for sharing your work with us!
Keep it coming!

Looking cool can’t wait to see final render :slight_smile: