ZBrushCentral

The Chef's Daughter WIP

Perhaps the best advice I can give is to be a dedicated lurker on the Questions and Troubleshooting thread.

Even if I didn’t have a problem, I’d still read through new posts there, as the questions and answers given would regularly give me a head-slapping moment.

Further, questions I wanted to ask were being answered to other enquirers in ways my questions would not have elicted because mine would have been too method-specific. I was finding solutions to problems that entirely circumvented my troublesome work flow.

The creative methods you’ve been using, like the alpha extraction one, are faster than building sound base meshes with elegant poly flow and if speed is paramount, that’s the route to take, but if your machine is rolling its monitors up into its head and gasping its last, perhaps the slower, more economical path is for you.

Cheers,

R

Hi Dustbin1_UK, nice work, funny :cool:

Also i’ll echo on what other already said about not worrying about the stars/rating you get or getting discouraged. Besides that, look at some top-row work, even some top row work for some strange reason have averages of 3 stars from what I’ve seen at times. What I mean is the ratings can often be misleading. Like in my latest WIP I know people who gave me 5 stars and one person who gave me 1, big difference lol. In any case, whatever you get rated or in whatever way you get critted, you must always keep trying and going on etc, which I’m sure you know already :slight_smile:

Keep it up in the meantime :wink:

dustbin1_UK,

Cool to see you resuming more ZBrush work following the format of the SS challenge. As everyone else has already expressed, forget about those stupid stars. They are a troll’s tool and ought to be eliminated. They have absolutely no purpose in a learning environment like ZBC, other than to make the forum technology appear cutting edge. :laughing: Take nothing too seriously, especially in online forums.

With your energy and enthusiasm, I’d recommend following your instincts and do nothing but sketch and use super sculpey or real, live clay for a while. Sort of free yourself from this digital irritation. It might help you to find your own style more quickly, without having to worry about program features / lack of features and cheap, mean-spirited. fourm rating systems.

You’re going to be lightyears ahead of whatever onion sent one star.:+1:

Though, to be honest, I think the first time I recieved a star on a forum, I was thrilled. Somebody took the time to actually rate my post. It felt awesome. Mainly because it made my post more noticeable, and they couldn’t take the star away. Ever. :smiley:

Anyway, keep sketching and sculpting family and friends and magazines pictures. Go freakin’ nuts. Reality doesn’t have any of the lousy limitations of digital art. And, seems to me, always looks much more alive, and therefore, amazing.

But, continue to post on ZBC. Hopefully, you’ll make a diary post of everything you draw, and sculpt. I think, before too long, it will be obvious your work outshines any numbskull ratings system, even if it’s 10 lousy stars. The work is all that matters, and watching your skills improve from project to project.:slight_smile: