ZBrushCentral

Tezzy's Stuff

@AdamShaw: Thanks man! Love the guyver series too. Though, translating the guyver from 2d to 3d is quite challenging. I guess that is the case with any 2d to 3d sculpts.

Just put together some zbrush screen grabs of the tip top commercial.

Cheers!

lizard03.jpg

Hi,
as for the guyver,if you find it challenging to translate from 2D to 3D,
maybe it would help to take a look at the many great models that
already exist or the movie suit done by Steve Wang or the model
thereof also by Steve.
Hth,J.

Hey jmeyer,

Thanks for the tip, Steve Wang has done some awesome stuff. I have been looking at the toy models for reference mostly. I tried to stay away from the movie suit as I personally don’t like it and I preferred the proportions of the anime.

Cheers!

Long time no post again, busy with work and all.

I will be getting back to the guyver sculpt soon. But I just wanted to finish my hulk sculpt (yes I know, yet another hulk sculpt :D). It was started initially as a learning project in mudbox about 2 years ago I think, but I only took it to a certain point and decided to go back to zbrush to finish it off.

I wanted to get this hulk sculpt done to use it as a test on my colleague’s personal 3d printer. To see the how good the quality of the output is and to also get a 3d print for myself for the first time :smiley:

Look forward to hear feedback!

Ref.jpg

Hulk Yeah! I really like this! Beautiful sculpting! Nice, strong pose! Good job on the muscles! Maybe the pants could look even tighter in the butt. Love the power and tension in this piece! :+1:

Hey Webhead,

thanks for the feedback! Yea, I agree with the pants being tighter around the butt area. Will look at tweaking that and probably overall more tension on the body aswell.

I’m surprised you didn’t get more feedback. Could be folks are just “Hulked Out” right now. He’s possibly the most sculpted character in these forums. I’m not tired of him yet.

haha, yeah, there have been so many hulks done. I am not tired of him, love the hulk. Pretty much the main reason I went to see the Avengers movie was because of the hulk. And it didn’t disappoint

I did these renders just for a bit of fun, thought it might be nice to render it out. Kept it simple by giving him a plastic toy look. One is lit with an hdri and the other 2 is a quick studio lighting setup (with and without DOF).

hulk_hdri_setup_test.jpghulk_studio_setup_test_01.jpghulk_studio_setup_test_02.jpg

Thanks for looking!

amazing sculpt and love the superb strong pose mate!!:+1:
Definantly a great work on hulk, can’t wait seeing this bad boy finished and a 3d print would look stunning I bet!
Happy sculpting mate,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

Man, this came out waaaaayyy coooollll!:wink:

@KC-Production: Hey dude, thanks! I finally got it printed

@Dragon: Thanks! glad you like it

Got the hulk printed by a work colleague who owns a Ultimaker. Had to do some prep work to dice him up into 4 parts in order to print it at a bigger size and to avoid over-hanging areas. It***8217;s about 22cm in height. Overall it turned out pretty good. The only area that took a quality hit was the head, which was a given since it is the smallest and most detailed area. Would love to do more prints in the future***8230;being able to hold something that you made is a pretty cool feeling.

hulk_print_01.jpghulk_print_02.jpghulk_print_03.jpghulk_print_04.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Any updates on assembling and painting?

Hi,

yea, I have done some painting on it…a real noob job of it though haha. Firstly I put some clay(first thing that came to mind) over where the seams are and then put a primer over it. Then I gave him a overall coat of grey paint and then tried to paint an occlusion layer over him, boy was that hard. When I get home I will get a few pics of it’s current state.

Cheers!