ZBrushCentral

Supergirl Reborn!

Back to my original question if anyone can help??
I am happy with the res on the body, but I can’t add any more detail to say - the face and breasts, specific areas I would like to sculpt more, and maybe the fingers - any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Just a few WIP. Not had much time recently and its amazing how rusty one gets!

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

hi,
nice work here, good job !
About your question, maybe you can separate parts into subtools ? For instance the head wich need more poly.
By splitting it into separate subtool, you would be able to give it more poly than if it is still in one mesh.

If you really don’ t want to separate it (head or what ever), maybe you can add more poly localy:
by using mask (ex.: all body but not the head), and then clic on subdivide:

it will add poly/geometry in the clear parts, the head for instance, giving you more possibilitys for sculpting details.

Thank you markantonik for your encouragement and advice :slight_smile: I will give this a try and post the results! Thanks again

markantonik - I like the idea of splitting into subtools, the only problem I am finding is as below, when I subdivide - any ideas?

Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

I have the answer :slight_smile: I CREASE each part before subdividing?!:smiley:

hey that’ s a good idea !

Otherwise I would have said maybe use “merge visible” function with “weld” options checked(+ “uv” if you have), btw it is non destructive, it just creates another tool.
I have used it recently with 2 subtools (for body(includes head without eyes) and for eyes), merged into one unique tool (resulting in one unique uv, I had just to tweak uv beacause the 2 uv’ s overlaped after merging; done in UVMaster).
I noticed it kept all my subdivisions safe, maybe because I had the same number of subdivision in each subtool I don’ t know.
Otherwise I think this “merge visible” function can help sometimes.

I am not big user of “crease” function but I will definitivly test it too !

Im using 3.1, I know, I know!
I can merge using subtool master but it doesnt get rid of the gap, any idea of a workaround, I shall hit google :slight_smile:

Working on a few things at a time to focus on different areas :slight_smile:

Attachments

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

and another

Attachments

s1.jpg

A little colour

Attachments

Supes.jpg

Supes2.jpg

So I finally got my hands on a recent copy of Z! :-))))) I love what i learned in 3.1, but all the extra tools make life so much easier.
These are a few old old models that I wanted to update and add a few extra touches, so Im calling them done, at least for now. Will probably spend the next week going though Zclassroom videos! Loving this tool, loving it!

Attachments

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

sh1.JPG

And more

Attachments

sh2.JPG

sh3.JPG

sh4.JPG

Latest WIP. Someone on here said try not to get too attached to your sculpt/model. Im trying so hard :slight_smile: I started from scratch because I wasnt happy with the feel, which is the way to go I think, try not to be lazy and push it as far as you can go?

For the newbies I have put a before and after to maybe illustrate this point.

Although I want a ‘finished’ model, I find myself having far too much fun with all the zbrush features so have realised that this is just Play :wink:
But
The first one I used someone else’s base mesh, but was struggling to find my own style, so I opted for the basemesh I did supergirl with (originally from a Dynamesh), and found it much more fun and educational.

Anyways - Deaths Head is a great read, with good artwork, really strong characters, loved it since I was 12 (now 40!) and have had to get this out of my system for YEARS! :slight_smile: As you know me, I always prefer to work on women :wink: I think I will finally realise this character as he is, with just a little artistic license. Now I know the ‘curve strap’ ropes so to speak :wink:

C&C ALWAYS welcome, trying to improve! And no matter how many tutorials one watches, its no substitute for getting stuck in, I love Zbrush, it feels almost as natural as drawing.

Happy sculpting

Attachments

deathsheadfpa6.jpg

1.JPG

1a.jpg

first.JPG

those boots are all wrong! I managed to salvage them box modelling in 4.6.

WIP, struggling to pose!

c1.JPGc2.JPGc3.JPG

love proportions!

Thanks Xada! Means a lot. Small update

Attachments

SG1.JPG

SG2.JPG

SG3.JPG

sg4.JPG

Something I threw together, bit crude, but learned a lot

Attachments

AG1.JPG

AG2.JPG

AG3.JPG

WIP trying to seriously up my anatomy more! Taking a lot of inspiration from Selwy

Attachments

WP1.JPG

WP2.JPG

WP3.JPG