ZBrushCentral

Super 1 and the Amazing Team 0

Good work! Really enjoying these characters.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Here’s another one. A cute one:

A super blonde who lives by the code of every Miss something, fighting to protect the weak, to end hunger and war.

A black belt in cheerleading, she delivers extremely powerful punches by perfectly controlling the shift of her breasts mass.
Being extremely beautiful, many of her enemies end up being nice to her, making it easier for her to defeat them.

Her weaknesses are her brains and anything cute, like littlle kitties.

TEN_Pamela_02_PF_PP1500.jpg

These are great and very imaginative! Do you come up with the back story first then concept the character? Did you use fibermesh for Pamela?

so great
favorite new thread

great!!
keep going!!

I’d buy this comic, just sayin’. Please make this into a comic and take my money!

really nice! great to see humour and zbrush! keep posting you work

Thanks everyone. Its really great to have people enjoy your work with a smile. :slight_smile:

I haven’t answered to any questions so far so here it goes.

First came the idea of a more relateable group of 10 super heroes to create an image for the CGSociety Challenge - TEN.

Then came the back story for each one of them. All stories were done in one hour of pure inspiration with no drugs associated :slight_smile:
I used some reference images for some of the characters but mostly the concepts were my own doing :slight_smile: more fun for me :slight_smile:

Basically everything was modeled and textured inside Zbrush, individually.

Once they were all done, the plan was to create a collapsed version of all the characters, like when you use Transpose Master, and gather all of them in one Tool so that I could try out the group pose.

Then I just had to do each characters posing and gather the final version of all of them

In the end I thought it would be easier to export all the characters to 3ds Max and manage the whole thing there.

With 10 characters the amount of tools I would gather in one project wasn�t really manageable.
One thing that would be nice, is if we could group subtools.

Hey Pixologic, just in case someone from Zbrush development team reads this:

Subtool grouping :slight_smile:

Anyway, to go to max I had to optimize the geometry, create UV coordinates and export all the maps needed to keep the detail and the polypaint.
Long live UV Master, Quad Remesher and Decimation Master :slight_smile:

In max I had to redo all the materials, and create the render lighting setup.

I used Vray, and for organics used mostly Fast SSS2.
Very little GI, though a touch to smooth things out.

Another advantage of working in max is that I could generate all the passes/elements I needed in one single render.
It wasnt a simple thing to do, post producing an image with 10 different characters.

By the time I decided what to do, I had less then 2 months to do all this and in a part time regime.

So after the final image was done I decided to do a personal shot for each one of the super heroes.
That way I could retouch all of them and really display the work involved as well as their back story.

Almost forgot, about my post-production process I do the main compositing in Fusion or Nuke.
(lately Ive been using more Fusion but Nuke 7 might change that ) then I ColorCorrect in Photoshop or AfterEffects.

I think thats it.

If anyone wants something more specific ill try to answer.

Two characters to go and they will probably come out monday.

Surely the longest reply in the whole forum

Thanks again.

Cool characters!! :slight_smile: Great job :wink:

And here are the last 2 characters from the Team 0 saga :slight_smile:

BOMBI - Bombi is a kitchen Robot (Bimby/Thermomix) that was transformed by a young asian genius - Akira - which lives inside of it and never comes out. He lives, eats, drinks, etc…through his Mecha creation, interacting with the outer world as if it was a computer game.

Julia - Julia is an old portuguese cleaning lady, who after many years of being exposed to industrial cleaning products as become invulnerable to any biochemical attack. She is virtually indestructible and also responsible for cleaning the secret headquarters. Definitely a valuable member of Team 0.

This is amazing. I love all of them. Good luck in your challenge.

Great character!:+1:

Very inspiring, congrats.
Love the style and the character development.
I was waiting for so long to see Julia and know more about her :D.

Very fresh and intersting concept.

Love Julia!

Thanks everyone!

It was great to share these characters with you.

Here is a little treat, a full resolution detail of Julia from the previous image.

TEN_Julia_Detail.jpg

Obrigado!!
She looks great (materials, texture of her dress).
She deserves a whole comic for herself.

Her hair was done in zbrush?
Any chance you can share some of the process?

Sorry for the late reply protonium.

Her hair was done with fibermesh in Zbrush, with no particular technique.

I used mostly the GroomHairBall brush.
Then I duplicated the subtool and applied some changes, with the Move brush without the Fibermesh Automasking, in order to get the density I needed and a more “cylindrical” feeling to the hair rols.

In post production, I gave it a bit more GI so that the shadows wouldn’t be so hard, giving it a bit more of a “translucent” feel.

I guess thats it.

Hope that was helpful.