ZBrushCentral

Sphynx

Nicley Done!

I hate those cat’s, but the work is exelent! Nice done!

Sphynx cats have no fur, I think they’re awesome though & think of all that hair on the carpet you won’t have to vacuum. This image is great BTW…:+1: :+1: :+1:

hi

as an owner of a sphynx & someone whos tried zbrushing one in the past I think your doing a wonderful job here…can’t wait to see him/her textured

are you going to add any hair at all?..they do have some very fine hairs covering the body

a minor crit is the bottom cheeks feel a bit tight…almost as though he’s sucking his cheeks in

overall though… awesome work!!

great modelling!
why do make him look so wrinkled though, it almost looks like he is 300 years old or even dead.
:+1:

that is one freaky littel kitty :smiley:

but it’s a master pic :+1:

metric,
Really nicely done. Your modeling is natural. The overall anatony and sense of form looks correct, and your attention to detail, ie, folds, fleshy wrinkles is very nicely done.
This is a modle well worth your effort worty of 5 stars.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cheers Metric, these types of cats have always held a strange fascination for me and it’s good to know I am not the only one. Glad to see it done here, and so well to boot. good work lad, and keep it up!:smiley:

Wow, what a unbelievable model.
Man, she looks so real, keep it up.
Greeting,
FHawk

Hey metric i just realized who you are :smiley: Clayton Osmus !
Man i dig the model you showed over cgtalk , the best for me was the monkey face !!! As usual really clean modeling !
Keep it up :+1:

ps:so bad your website is not online anymore.

Loving what you are doing!! I have always wanted to sculpt one of these. Instead, I will enjoy your masterful execution. I have a couple of images that may be of interest. Untouched. These are the real deal. Pretty amazing. Keep up the great work. ugliestCat1.jpgugliestCat4.jpg

Here and I thought he was just making this up as he went. Nature is still #1 designer! very nice work man.

eeeeeeeeeewwww that is disgusting, the do looks like a head full of maggots

Thy’re both cats aren’t they?
Incredible images, and the first looks real brainy :lol:
(I have a huge photo library of sphynx cats if interested…)

Nice work!

Chris

In this case it’s a true honor. Same here about your work dude :wink:

-Kris

Well, thanks again everyone for the comments, I appreciate them all

Seb: I chose this type of cat on purpose so people wouldnt tell me to give him hair! :slight_smile: Thanks, love your work!

madmac: thanks again man

dragon-g: thats too bad :slight_smile: I felt indifferent toward the Sphynx before I started this, and now I have a genuine fascination with them. I love the way their skin bunches and stretches

Stefan-Morrell: Thanks! I might add a little hair like the kind that does exist on them, barring any complications I might run into :slight_smile: I’m going to rework that cheek too, somehow that slipped past me. Good eye!

rt_wolfenstein: I think a lot of it will disappear with the skin shader, though sometimes I like to go a little overboard :slight_smile: Thanks

Mr Monster: Thanks! I tried to take special care with the different types of wrinkles over the body and head, the stretching and the way the loose skin bunches at certain points. You seem to have a great eye for all that :slight_smile: Glad you like it

FHawk: Thanks man! by the way I think you should post some of your work, unless I am confusing you with another flying hawk :wink:

ncollings: Wow, I can’t believe you would remember that old thing! :slight_smile: Thanks a bunch, and my website might be back up soon too, if I can ever get around to it

Neville: truly an honor to be your top row neighbor! :slight_smile: I’m glad there seems to be a few of us around here with a sphynx fascination. I had scoured the entire internet and some books amassing every sphynx photo I could find, somehow I missed these two! Thanks, your comments mean a lot, and the pics too

stimpack: haha… I will never be talented nor intelligent enough to out-design nature. Thanks!

antropus: Well, right back at ya :wink: Looks like I’ll be spending another night crying myself to sleep after seeing your updated Sophia

And now… I’ve been a little busy and I havn’t been able to start rigging and texturing this poor little cat. In fact I wish I could divide the body again because there are some areas id really love to work on, but it kills my computer at that poly count :frowning: I did jam her head onto her body though if anybody was wondering what she looked like in one piece :slight_smile: Enjoy this sorta non-update

![cat_full_web.jpg|877x588](upload://ioUTLTrvOcPNkBUC7w4SavtCnoB.jpeg)

beautiful cat!
love the details you’ve got. looks very natural!

Love it! Jamie

quoted for agreement.
Beautiful work on the hardest thing to recreate: natural forms. Keep it up buddy.

-Kris

uggly cat, nice model

Thanks guys! And javalabala I disagree, they are beautiful creatures :slight_smile: Here’s an update on the texture, where I left off the other day. Just diffuse on an sss shader right now

![sphynx_021.jpg|528x680](upload://hZsWRdBqvRYv9fowKa99B1sgIJM.jpeg)