ZBrushCentral

Spartan Hoplite

Here is a new update.

[Render2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘84037’,‘Screenshots10.jpg’,1,0))

I’ve used myself as reference to see exactly how the face deforms when I make that expression then exaggerated some parts. Does it look off?

Thanks also for the comments! Glad to see I’m on the right track.

Attachments

Screenshots10.jpg

WoW! This is looking very good :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: I love the sculpt and the expression, also good job with the teeth/gum area

Thanks Darukin, glad you like it.

Some transposing later…

[Renders3.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘84456’,‘Renders4.jpg’,1,0))

I’ll be modeling his spear and shield next. I’ve decided not to make armour so as to let the anatomy show better.

What do you think?

Attachments

Renders4.jpg

wonderful. i think a nice deep red loin cloth would sit well on him. specially if you use that last renders light set up. Vray presume? very nice indeed!

Not exactly a loin cloth, but there will be some crimson as you say. Actually it’s rendered in mentalray.

The expression is fantastic! Great emotion. Tho, the lats and the triceps look a little out of proportion on the posed character. Look forward to seeing more.

everything lools great so far! the skin could use a little poly painting though :+1:

can you please share your skin shader settings?

thanks in advance!

I don’t reply to people’s work near often enough and this one got me. Not only is it excellent modeling, what makes this for me is the emotion. I thought the at-rest head pose was great- then you posted the snarl and I was hooked. Keep it up mate, I think you not only have a top-rower going but somthing you’re going to treasure far into the future.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I got a computer upgrade and didn’t have a pc for one week so I’ve just got it back. I now have a core 2 quad 2.4 GHz and a new graphics card so life will be much easier fore me now. An update will come soon.

coye- Thanks. I’ll look into the muscles a bit more.

mphilip- Thanks. Of course I’ll paint him up, but I’m not ready to start that just yet.

rkrehe20- The skin is just at default settings with only overall sss effect scaled down a bit depending on the model’s size. The render in post #21 is lit only with spotlights but the renders in #23 use a spotlight together with hdri, finalgather and global illumination which gives it a different look.

regmonroe- Thanks man, I hope you’re right about the treasure far into the future part.

Excellent sculpting! Cant wait to see the final comp!

very very good approach to ur stylized anatomy:+1:

I’ve refined the pose a bit more and made a spear and shield.

[Renders5.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘85690’,‘Renders5.jpg’,1,0))

AA-ron - Thank you. I can’t wait to get this done too and get onto the last model for my reel.

omarpac - Thanks, but now you got me a bit worried. I want it looking more realistic and I thought I was sort of on the right track. Could you point out what still looks stylised so I can fix it?

Fantastic. Wonderful pose.

good stuff…
would like to see the spine arch back a bit more …and slight extension of the hand holding the spear…
i guess it would give a more dynamic look to it…

great pose and amazing anatomy percision , its just something is wrong with his pelvis are at the begining of his legs i need it just need smoothing cant wait to see this finished and your reel too

Yeah, the pelvis area could be smoothed a bit, though that should probably be pretty pronounced in such a muscular form.

Yet another fix of the pose. I’ve tilted the torso back and sideways a bit and I think it helped add lots more movement to it. And I’ve also made some more things for him. They are all unfinished and untextured.

[Renders9.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86056’,‘Renders9.jpg’,1,0))

Twitchmonkey- Thank you!

ivar_sn- I did as you said and yes it does look more dynamic now. I only didn’t change the arm because it was less bent in the earlier stages and i didn’t like it very much. Also I’m trying to go by the screenshot from 300 in the first post. Thanks for helping.

ibrahim_gabr- I softened the pelvis area a bit but it’s covered now anyway so it doesn’t really matter much. Thanks.

very nice model/pose…on hand closeup, the thumb needs some fixin’

overall :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yeah, while you won’t really see the hand closely enough for it to matter usually, the thumb is a bit too thin and perhaps bent back a bit too far. The thumb can bend back far, but not quite that far.