ZBrushCentral

Something called Maxon is spamming me

Hya everyone, Hya Zber!

Its been quite a long time since I’ve been on here but I kind of had to…
Im being spammed by something called maxon trying to get me to do stuff with my ZBrush license, its quite pernicious.
Is anyone else getting this? If so, what’s going on exactly?

Anyhow…

Cheers!

Hi Mealea,

ZBrush was purchased by Maxon at the end of last year. We are now owned by the same company that develops Cinema 4D, Redshift and more.

Maxon is in the process of transferring all customer data from Pixologic to Maxon servers. So that is what some of the emails are about: First letting you know that the transfer will happen and then (after it has been completed) you will be given instructions for what you need to do.

Maxon is also running a brief promotion giving perpetual license users the option to switch to a yearly ZBrush subscription or a Maxon One subscription at a 50% discount. (The key word there was option - it’s not required.)

Here is an in-depth Q&A that was created: FAQ Regarding Maxon Emails to Legacy ZBrush Users - ZBrush (pixologic.com)

Hi Mealea,

It’s been a while. I hope you are well. If you want to voice your opinion about the Maxon takeover, there is a thread just for that purpose if you havn’t seen it yet. Thread Regarding Maxon Transition

Thanks Aurick, and its great to see you!
Maybe having Pixologic send out something first would have been wise, I really thought they were a scam.

ZBER!!!
Thank you, I had a long look and did some venting.

I hope you are doing well, I’ve missed you!

Aurick, just out of curiosity, why would Pixologic let this happen?