ZBrushCentral

Soldier Sheet

Here are a few more notes if your going for accuracy. The canteen covers and ammo pouches would have been olive drab green.
every 5th round in the m60 ammo belt had an orange tip, meaning it was a tracer round.
tiger stripe cameo was usually worn by Special forces guys and advisors to the ARVN, army of the Repbulic of Vietnam.
Some other stuff that was usually worn, first aid pouch, compass, spare barrel for the m60 and an asbestos glove. Cleaning kit and a plastic bottle of gun oil. I don’t remember if m60 gunners carried a 1911 pistol or not.
here’s some more info.
http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/

man you rock :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing this link!!!

amazing info Mash3d… the character looks really cool but are you gonna pose him?

Thanks mate! Yeah my friend did the rigging for me and I’m pretty much done with skinning. I only have his hands left so should post some posed renders soon.

Anyway fixed the camo issue and tweaked some of the textures. Thanks for viewing!

CloseUp04.jpg
Soldier_Sheet_1080p_04.jpg

Good work!

Very nice work mate, Im really impress about the quality of the materials and textures indeed. Can you tell use with light RIG set up are you using? Als are you rendering with GI ?

Thanks! Appreciate it! I’m using 3 vraylights for the rendering. Two in the front and one in the back. Pretty much standard lightning set-up with GI just to fill in the black areas
Lights.JPG

holy cow that looks real! love this sculpt what a great tribute to the solders!<object type=“cosymantecnisbfw” cotype=“cs” id=“SILOBFWOBJECTID” style=“width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;”></object>

Amazing work, truly inspirational.

very cool. I love it!

Very nice work! It becomes better and better! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey guys! Big thanks for taking the time and viewing my work!

hey bomoh,
that’s a fantastic work, the face looks so real !

may i ask what hair solution did you use ? hair & fur and vray are driving me crazy :confused:

Thanks! I’m using Ornatrix for the hair and fur. I was looking for a good hair solution for some time as well. I was working with HairFarm for a year or so but decided to switch to ornatrix.

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine did the rigging for me and I did a quick skin just to create a simple pose.
Thanks for viewing!

Soldier_Pose_01.jpg
Viewport02.jpg
Viewport03.jpg
Viewport04.jpg

This just keeps getting more and more awesome dude!! Now, please make a battlefield for him as well to put him into it ;]

wow, it looks awesome dude. GJ

first time I saw it i could swear it was real :smiley:

thanks guys :slight_smile: SuperHer0: Thanks man :slight_smile: Yeah I was thinking about making a jungle scene but time is always a problem.