ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook -Mantis-

Awesome work! I love that protoss!

And what a coincedence! I was looking at the 2D image of that protoss which u based your model on just now before opening this.

It’ happens to be that I was using it just now as as reference for my latest project.

Cool work keep it up!

protoss is looking wicked …nice pose …love that green matcap :smiley:

Here’s a reference to help you with protoss anatomy

Darukin: So I didn’t have to say where I took my references :slight_smile:
Thank you for the compliment.
- FoOD -: Thank you, love what you do too, Greenclay is wicked isn’t it :smiley:
KillahPriest: Thanks for the reference, I didn’t have this one, but I choose to take a little of freedom on the anatomy.
I wanted to do him more thin than this concept, on the illustration he is less bulky than on this sheet and I choose to go on this way.

I spent a little more time on him, here is a little update on the body, I have to do the arms, I know we will not see any of these details in the final illustration but I love to do these, and that's a good exercise. [![Zeratul05.jpg|1034x938](upload://8W4SaxMHPsY2jIdCp3iMpLgnAO4.jpeg)](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27133633%27,%27Zeratul04.jpg%27,1,0%29)

Incredible pose and anatomy! I can’t wait to see more progress on this.

Really like this. I don’t know much about starcraft but I can say I like the pose and anatomy. well done.

Whoa. Didn’t see the other models. Well done. Some awesome stuff :+1:

Thank you womball and Brett.

Here is a little more progress on him, added the “hair” the bandage on his thigh and arms, worked also on the arms but we don’t see anything in this pose :smiley:

[Zeratul_pose03.jpg]

wow.
this looks really cool! i like all the stuff… nice so far!

it reminds me of Raziel from soul reaver, great stuff :+1:

Thanks wethand.
Avan-ams: You’re right, didn’t even notice that :wink:

Here is a little update of something else, I’m still on Zeratul but I wanted to try to tame Mental Ray, so here is a little Render of a sculpt of the famous Asaro Head.
It was sculpted in Zbrush and I used 3DSmax to get clean hard edge.

[Asaro_hear_render04.jpg]

Hi PrayingMantis! Awesome updates (so glad you’ve made this thread your sketchbook!) :+1: !

Just want to share some sculpt that are sleeping on my hard drive.

Here is a farmer, I wanted to do a better base and maybe some other props.
But here it is for now, until I find some time to work on him further more.

[Vue_fermier_b.jpg]Jugg.jpg

I like the old man! Very nice, realistic sculpt!

As for Vinnie: I’m not sure…I would not recognize him for first if you don’t say it’S him.

Thank you nfuchs.
Finally I did the good choice by adding his character name on his bust :slight_smile:
But I have to admit that Vinnie Jones doesn’t look like Vinnie Jones while playing Juggernaut in Xmen Movie.
He seems plumpy, I used this picture as a reference with some other where he got the same head.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7684/vinnie-jones.jpg

prayingmantis, could you explain how you made the wicker hat, i’ve been making one but have actually been weaving strands which is a pain. did you just do and extraction from masking?

very nice sculpts, especially the farmer :+1:

the farmer’s great!:+1:

I like the farmer!

Hi PrayingMantis, beautiful work on the farmer sculpt! The Juggernaut head is great anatomy-wise (anatomy-addict… :+1: ). Can’t judge on the actor’s likeness, gotta’ see the movie a second time. Keep’em comin’ :+1: !

Sorry for the really late answer.
Seems that the farmer is pretty famous :slight_smile:

MaxAlbert, Intervain, euge, and Etcher: Thank you.

Spaceboy: For the hat I model a braid in 3DSmax then I made 3 spline, one for the base of the hat, an other for the “cylindrical” shape, and the last for the cap.
Then I clone my braid to get 3 differnts object, and made each one follow the 3 spline.
After that I imported the full hat in Zbrush and made some deformation and hole by masking the part where the hole will be and delete them.
Hope it helps.

Now a little wip I’m currently working on.
You can easily guess that I like blizzard :smiley:
Here it is:

[Hydralisk04.jpg]