ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook - Jan 'IcemanJ' Jinda

heheee,it’s nice and funny sculpt man.:smiley: :+1:

I cant wait to see the whole body…nice sculpt :+1:

rodion and tomas: thanks dudes!

Here it is, as I promised. I want to show you my sculpt from Alex Oliver’s online class. It’s really really tough stuff for me. There is a lot of work to do on it, it’ll be very detailed model. I hope that I’ll be able to finish it in some passable way and it’ll be high-quality sculpt. At the picture you can see progress after few hours and also basemesh.

[body_class_nine_001.jpg]

Before deadline of project at work, I’ve found time to return to my sculpt. Here is little head progress and some tweaks of torso. You can also see subdivisions progress in animated gif. Model is on subdivision 7 and it has about 6.5 milion polygons, I don’t think that it’s final number. I hope that you like progress.

[body_class_nine_002.jpg]

Animation

Here is a tiny update on Sad Alien. I wanted to start body and I discovered that I’m lazy to do some serious quality modeling in XSI, so I’ve created very very simple basemesh, like Alex’s was for body lesson, and I’ve started to sketch body in ZBrush. It’s easier, faster and more funny for me. Then I’m going to retopologize body and connect both sculpts, body and head, together. I’ll bring you another updates soon, I hope.

[sad_alien_002.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘101682’,‘sad_alien_002.jpg’,1,0))

grea work Jan , love the alien and great progress on the oldman

Alex Oliver

nice alien!! ill be watching!!

alexleia: thank you my master :wink:
nerveink: thanks :+1:

hi there, I’m back from holiday in Italy and I want to share with you some photos, especially photos of sculptures from italian masters. I hope you like them.

ALL PHOTOS FROM ITALY

[attach=107879]sculptures.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

sculptures.jpg

dude realy noce work mannn…i mean its shocking (in obvously a good way) to c u get so good…by th way how much time did it take for u to make the skull and face transformation…:+1: best of luck and keep it up…

Ooh I was thinking of taking his classes. Does he have a website and gallery up of the student work? Also how many hours of work per week do you think the class takes up, including homework time? Great progress from the first heads to the old man.

neozerahan: thank you, to make a head from skull was pretty fast process, about two hours I think

womball: Alex don’t have a student page. About time, it depends on your spare time and on you. Classes are usually 4 hours a week and your homework can be about next 6 hours, so 10 hours a week completely.

A little bit relaxed after holiday and moving into new flat, I’ve made a little progress on my Sad Alien. I created overall body proportions and sketched his muscles, they are too much visible for now, but I’m going to smooth whole body. In the image you can also see basemesh which I used to sculpt alien’s body.

[sad_alien_003.jpg]sad_alien_basemesh.jpg

well, it certainly looks like Alex is a great teacher, and you’re learning a lot from him. nice forms, and no rush to kill yourself with details right away. great work! :+1:

industripop: thanks a lot man

Yesterday I sculpted my Alien a bit. I’ve made improvement on hands and foots, added aerials and changed some shapes. I hope you like this my Sad Alien.

[sad_alien_004.jpg]sad_alien_005.jpg

that alien is an appealing character looks great with the body. Can’t wait to see it finished. keep it up

jjvdb15: thank you man, I’ll do my best :wink:

Another little update of Sad Alien. I’ve sculpted a brain, but I’ll be doing some tweaks because I’m not satisfied with it. Also I’ve excracted meshes for shirt and trousers and I’ve started sculpting wrinkles and folds on trousers, but it’s hudge battle for me. But I hope that’s a good start.

[sad_alien_006.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘107194’,‘sad_alien_006.jpg’,1,0))

Pretty funny I always loved this character of Carlos Huante.
Look pretty close to the original.

Arturo

DHARMAESTUDIO: thank you, I love his concept too and I’ll do my best

Another day, another update. What a great sentence :D. I finally won my struggle with trousers. I’ve tried about three different processes and I’m satisfied with the last one try. I hope that you like it too. They are not finished yet, I’m going to add some minor detailes and some surface of fabric. Stay tunned for next update.

[

](javascript:zb_insimg(‘107377’,‘sad_alien_007.jpg’,1,0))