ZBrushCentral

Sheridan Doose - Art Dump

congrat for Top row!, Great work.

OH S^%%$^$$%^, Top Row!!! Damn, this means an incredible amount to me, thank you ZBC.

@madhead Thanks dude, the sitting position was really tough for me. Looks great in Wei’s concept, but its hard to make it presentable as a sculpture from every angle - happy with it in the end though :). Also, not sure which piece by Mr. Jukes you’re referring to, but if it reminds you of anything that meister does then I’m doing something right! The facial expression is just my favourite one to make in the mirror :smiley:

@c4th Thanks! A very welcome and pleasant surprise. The commissioner of the piece will very likely print it.

@Max33 Big thanks! (I think i most definitely need to download ZSceneManager right now… can’t believe I don’t have this installed)

@Masart Thanks a lot!

The Posture and Sculpt are just amazing! Love it!

awesome!

How many hours does it take to make such master piece ?

Amazing scuplt, the pose/perch is somewhat odd though. With cloven feet like that you basically have Illidan grabbing the rock with his ankles for support. Fantastic sculpt though!

@SolidSnakexxx - Thanks man!

@pid18000 - Thanks you! Not quite certain in terms of hours, I worked on it for a few months along side some other projects.

@RageFlower - Thank you! Yeah, may be some mild discomfort for him, but the client was very specific about keeping the overall pose the same as to the art by Wei Wang that this is based on.

Hi! very Cool work man! If you don’t mind I’d like to give 2-3 feedbacks on it, cuz honestly that’s a crazy cool piece of work but I see some things off too.
I’ll start with the pose. I would be careful about his balance line. Even with his wings, it feels like he has a lot of weight in front of that tiny rock supporting him, and he would fall. The other thing is the wings, I think their shape is good but detail-wise they’re a bit noisy and lumpy, you could try to play more with the tension of the skin, specially on the holes, more stretches linking the bones with eachother and folds, like bat wings. And my last one is kinda personal, but I think your render has too much rimlighting from every angle, it’s very hard on the eye even if we see the details well, it flattens the whole piece, like a microscope for cells.

ORB! The big daddy himself! Thanks a ton for taking the time to critique 'im. I definitely see your points, and I appreciate you making them.
The rim light was a bit of a quick hack in KeyShot - I used a black velvet material as a rim light pass, and should have been more selective when I composited the renders. Still a lot I need to learn, especially when it comes to rendering, but I like them enough to show them.
The wings, while I see your point, I’d argue that they aren’t spread and that’s why I kept them sort of …saggy, instead of taught. You’re right though, no excuse for lumpy forms. I think a lot of it comes down to the problem of figuring out how to sculpt a thin membrane in zbrush, and making the folds work on either side. I’ll keep this in mind for the next winged thing I sculpt (which is actually happening pretty soon!), and will work on remedying my approach, very much appreciate it.
Pose wise, this was a struggle. To me, the wings are massive enough that they balanced him out, and definitely, if he didn’t have them, he’d be somersaulting from his craggy perch. The curve of the posing was strongly enforced by my client as well - had to keep the bend of his back and wings in line with the art this was based on. I kinda wanna just take the whole thing and rotate it 10 degrees back, though.
Thanks again for your thoughts, been following your work since they showed us your stuff as the epitome of stylized hard surface sculpting in college.

…Rodin revival! :sunglasses:

congratulation ;-)! It looks sooooooo nice and I feel the atmosphere ! Like in World of Warcraft !

Did you gathered reference first and then sculpt him in T-pose and then posed him?

Awesome Illidan… Congrats!