ZBrushCentral

Shea Spina - w.i.p. dump

The helmet is coming out really nice. :+1:

A very interesting work. You turned anatomy to art, thats really interesting. :+1:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Got another little update. Nearly done w/ the modeling now. Just a few more pieces to make.

[Scrn3_ExSm.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘190519’,‘Scrn3_ExSm.jpg’,1,0))

Freakin awesome. Nice tight detail. Will you texture this sculpt?

JM

Really nice! I like all the detailing that you`ve put into the helmet. :+1:

Jeff - Thanks man, I’m glad you think so. I’ll texture it eventually. Right now though I’m trying get some semblance of a folio together, and including this, I only have 2 pieces. So I’m going to revisit 1 or 2 of my other projects and finish them up. After that though I’ll come back to this one for textures.

Moni - Thanks! :smiley:

So, here he is pretty much done for the moment. I’ll prob. get back to him in a couple weeks or so.

Thanks for looking. o/

EDIT: I was having some trouble getting a more proper render like the prev. posts, it kept crashing out. Anyway, I got it figured & wanted to slip this one in here. I’m hoping w/ an ‘edit’ I can avoid bottom row whoring, but if not I do apologize.

Thanks again. :wink:

[![pres3sm.jpg|680x972](upload://yiaJN11J3OHyWbRFOdrNshfbH5q.jpeg)]![scrn1.jpg|618x888](upload://2oVdma2W2tGqRhj9GeBE2983tj7.jpeg)

Attachments

pres1.jpg

pres2.jpg

scrn2.jpg

scrn3.jpg

Really nice sculpting, but interestingly enough, for me my favorite part is the simple design of the breast armor detail. Very elegant work!

Hey sheaspina, my compliments! This is looking wonderful. :slight_smile:

Amazing :+1:

very nice! :evil:

Kraken - Thank you. The little designs on the breast armor, as well as the wing things on his hat were made from custom alphas I made from various images. Interestingly enough, the one you bring up only has two alphas used, one of which comes from a very famous old Japanese print of a tsunami. I don’t recall what it’s called, but I was a slightly hesitant to use it due to the originals popularity. I thought it might be a little cliche, but it’s so cool, I couldn’t resist. All the other alphas were primarily derived from photos of bonzai trees & things of that sort.

Moni - Many thanks. :wink:

AR-man - Thank you!

JohnYip - Thanks bro.

Well, nothing particularly special this time, just revisiting an old sculpt I never finished. She still needs a lot of work though, it’s been ages since I made any serious attempt at sculpting a female (bewbs are such a p.i.t.a.! :o).

Anywhoo, here she is so far this afternoon. If I can get it worth a crap I’ll prob. rig/skin it and give it away.

Thanks as always. o/

[Prog1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘191100’,‘Prog1.jpg’,1,0))

Just a mess about w/ making some armor stuff (don’t worry, I shrank her bum too. It was a little on the “dayum that’s huuge” side. ;)). Had some headaches dealing w/ scaling issues after doing some retop in max, so some of the armor still needs a little adjusting to fit properly, but it’s close.

[Prog2.jpg]

You know, I think your hard surface stuff looks really cool actually. It looks like a head of a robot thats shes using as a jacket. It would be cool to see that jacket being used as a head on a robot

Thanks man. :smiley:

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind at one point that it kinda looked like one of those Chinese dragons (the ones they have in parade/festivals).

Well, here’s tonight. I’d made a little pose to try to not be so boring for presentation purposes, but alas, as soon as I tell transpose master I’m done and it does it’s thing…the body becomes the size of a little peanut! :rolleyes:
So, I figure whatever, I’ll just scale it back up & try to get it to fit. To my delight I managed to get it positioned right back in there pretty good…until I bumped the sub-d back up & the mesh when all “sp3ci4l” on me. :mad: Don’t see why it should be having these issues, especially when the task takes place entirely in the one app.

But anyway, enough jibber jab, moar pics. Back part’s almost ready for topo, just need to add some little rivets & what not.

[![presrev1.jpg|1000x750](upload://40hQ65MRchOCsVDAI8IkPydJje7.jpeg)]![close3.jpg|800x651](upload://6FQiA7z9uf7BjVVhT8xISHtKFFU.jpeg)

Attachments

close1.jpg

close2.jpg

The male bust with the helmet looks really good. Some very nice details.
There are things about the woman I like, and things I think could use some tweaks.
I really think you should rework the face. She does not have a very pretty face at all. Also, the legs, and where the feet connect look a bit strange to me.
Her chest piece is interesting.

Love the purple sheen on the chest plate.
with the addition o the fabric like substance covering the breast/ nipple ;the design comes off really well :+1:

look forward to seeing more

Thanks Web. No doubt, there’s much much more work to be done on the body. Most of what’s there so far has been working the general proportions/posture/volumes.

On the face, I kinda agree & sort of not at the same time. There’s certainly some things about it that seems ‘off’ to me (I’m thinking a nose job might do the trick, also to soften out some of those creases, they’re kinda overkill). But I do like the overall structure/volumes. Namely cheekbones/brow/ & mouth. Basically was going for sort of Asian pacific, almost (but not) childish proportions. I think it’s mainly the nose & the transition from the nose to mouth area that just throws it all off, but I haven’t quite lost faith in her yet.

Anyway, it’s funny you bring it up too, b/c the other night I wasted a ridiculous amount of time swapping heads…only to decide in the end I’d rather just tweak the original. <-yeah, sometimes I just want to slap myself. Will just have to push ahead and see what happens. :wink:

Walt - Thanks man. The glossiness & everything is all post work, just to try to give some impression of the difference of materials. Nothing crazy, just dupe layers & adjust levels etc. etc.

Well, been a while. ‘Having a life’ has kept me extremely busy over the past few weeks, so it’s been a little slow going. Though, I finally feel like I have enough headway to post some progress.

After a bit of messing about, I did end up just re-doing the head pretty much. I finished up most of the sculpting on all the armor parts and got it all re-topo’d & uv’d. Finally started on some texturing today.

Anyway, thanks as always. o/

[prog5.jpg]uvLrg.jpg

Attachments

BootwipLrg.jpg

texture looks fantastic !!!
… I’m waiting to see the final render !!!