ZBrushCentral

Shanaynay's Sketchbook

Hi fellow sculptors!

I’ve been quiet lately, been doing some client work of which I can’t show anything (yet) aaaand been texturing the Baker girl! Since this isn’t really Zbrush related I thought I wouldn’t post anything about it. I’ll make a post about it when I’m finished with maybe some breakdowns and nice renders.

This I can show you; my latest client work (purpose is awesome but still secret ;). It will be for making a mold and casting though.)
A sculpt of a girl sitting around being all Zen and stuff with beautifull hair. It’s still WIP - she needs a dress and toes ^^, and quite some refinement. But wanted to share already anyway.
Any feedback is welcome since it’s been a while since I’ve done realistic girls like this. Thanks!

04_WIP.jpg03_WIP.jpg

Attachments

03_WIP.jpg

04_WIP.jpg

Hi guys.

A little update on the Zen girl.
Right now I’m working on getting the anatomy correct, and next I will move on to detailing the hair and dress!
09_WIP.jpg
10_WIP.jpg
11_WIP.jpg

Attachments

09_WIP.jpg

10_WIP.jpg

11_WIP.jpg

Beautiful girl and great sculpt! :smiley:

All the best, David

well. just eyelids and it is perfect!

Here’s the finished version of the last sculpt I posted.

It’s been keyed (cut up in pieces and prepared with a positive and negative key) for print and this took some extra time. I couldn’t resist and also made a render in Modo. Since I am completely new to the software this took me a couple of days extra as well… To give you an idea:

Sculpt: 3/4 days
Keying: 4/5 days - ran into some annoying stuff and had to engineer my way around this complex problem. The print is supposed to be 1m tall, made into a mould and casted afterwards, so there were several layers of complexity to keep in mind.
Render: 3/4 days - still figuring out Modo. In total I got it to a point where a full render with 3 area lights, depth pass, AO pass and 2 alpha’s took around 50 mins to render (3k tall.) I’m pretty impressed!

My general conclusion? I love making sculpts like these, it feels like an ode to the big masters. And the whole idea that it will be produced in real life is amazing beyond measure. I think I wanna dig deeper into the world of 3D printing :smiley:

Girl_01.jpg
Girl_03.jpg
Girl_02.jpg
29_WIP.jpg
30_WIP.jpg
28_WIP - Copy.jpg

Note: the pedestal was made only for the purpose of my render. The dress will fit better on the real life end result I can’t tell you guys about :wink:

Attachments

Girl_01.jpg

Girl_03.jpg

Girl_02.jpg

28_WIP - Copy.jpg

29_WIP.jpg

30_WIP.jpg

^ This is a beautiful piece, you should be very proud! :smiley:

Very nice.

Beautiful, simply beautiful work. I love it

Hi Peeps!
here’s The Baker on which I’ve been working after hours the past few months. She’s sculpted in Zbrush, Retopped and unwrapped in Max, textured and baked in Painter, rigged and posed in Maya and finally rendered in MarmoSet!
If you want to know more about the process, head over to Polycount and take a look at the thread I kept while working on this.
Hope you like her!!
ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_01_Small.jpgShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_02_Small.jpgShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_03_Small.jpgShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_06_Small.jpgShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_05_Small.jpgShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_04_Small.jpg

Attachments

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_01_Small.jpg

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_02_Small.jpg

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_03_Small.jpg

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_04_Small.jpg

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_05_Small.jpg

ShanaVandercruysse_TheBaker_06_Small.jpg

your works are amazing! love those :slight_smile:

I recently started a new project, following the concept by David Ardinaryas Lojaya and for the sake of MerMay.

This is my progress so far.

I’ve been streaming this project on Twitch for the first time. If you’d ever wanna drop in and say hi, take a look at my workflow or just wanna hang out, here’s the link :slight_smile:

Attachments

Here’s the final version of the Merman!
Concept by David Ardinaryas Lojaya

Take a peek at my twitch channel if you want to see some progress streams

Merman_01_Low.jpgMerman_01_Clay_Low.jpgMerman_02_Clay_Low.jpg

Attachments

Merman_01_Low.jpg

Merman_01_Clay_Low.jpg

Merman_02_Clay_Low.jpg

This is AWESOME!!! It looks ready to be 3D printed and sold! Love it. Great work Shana.

I recently did a Halloween sculpt, thought I’d post some of my progress here :slight_smile:
Concept by Natalie Behle for Inktober <3

WIP_01.png
WIP_02.jpg
WIP_06.png

Attachments

WIP_02.jpg

And here’s some of the final images!
Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3, thanks to their awesome Vertex paint options. Alexander Delagrange did a great job on the lighting, once again <3
Hipster_01_Small.png
Hipster_05_Clr_Small.jpg
Hipster_03_Clay_Small.jpg
Hipster_05_Small.jpg

Hope you guys like it. I’ll post some insertbrushes and a breakdown (maybe) later :wink:

Shhh <3

Attachments

Hipster_05_Clr_Small.jpg

Hipster_03_Clay_Small.jpg

Hipster_05_Small.jpg

This is so cool work, Shana ! i really like it and the feel of the overall image!

I can’t believe no one gives any comment on this beautiful character!

Thank you so much @Smeagol!
I was already wondering how ****ty the piece must have been :smiley: :o

Really nice job! The lighting, the modelling, the detail on the clothes, the colours and the contrast, everything creates an outstanding character, but specially I like how you got that nice tattoo :smiley: :smiley:

greattttt workk

really love this style. well done