ZBrushCentral

Shadow Warrior 2 Art Dump

@ SolidSnakexxx - Thank you :slight_smile:

paszczak wrote: About polygrups and subtools I think I’m standart user here.Most of this characters have like up to 10 subtools. And I’m using polygrups mainly to detach polygon islands and split to different subtools.
Hope that helps and if you would like to have any screenshot just let me know

@paszczak
I knew there should be ways by zbrush alone to manage all those parts with Zbrush alone, using polygroups and just some subtools.
Some screenshots about the amount of polygroups in one part would be great.

And thanks for the reply about the female models.
Less different models for less tim to work on them makes sence.
I guess you not just create cool and crazy characters, but have to create some trees, walls, floors and boxes?

Hi Guys! Thank you so much for top row and warm welcome our stuff! We are really proud can show some pieces of SW2 on ZBC.
From my side, I must say that 3 years was amazing for me, and work on character with my colleague brings me a lot of fun
and (more important) experience on gamedev field. RoadHog it still the drop-up engine and every day we are hard working on improving
the display of our models to get closer to world-class quality, so please guys keep fingers crossed for our nex project!
We promise to deliver you a lot of fun and much, much beauty character! :slight_smile:

About art direction we had total freedom thats really fits me, when Pawel said: " Lowang way is our way " yeahh I was ready to fight! :slight_smile:
In my opinion each of us have a unique style, character and skills like a x men hehe,
if I’ll try pin each of us badge, I have chosen shape : MUSCLES for @levus3d, BRAIN for @paszczak and HEART for me;) And I hope each of you will find this diversity is something for yourself:)

A Little note about my workflow. My primary tool is (fcors:)) Zbrush and a lot of work I done therein.
All maps I try paint in zb this is really comfortable for me.
About sculpting, I using own brushes, often happens some brush was created especially for current models,
we are share among themselves, I mean insert brush mostly. Next I try to make some renders.
I don’t have favorite renderer usually I using goz and modo, this is the time for a decision about changes of geometry shape and overall color improvement.
Next step photoshop, and work with engine, this is the main place for preview how some of maps works and time for polishing etc.

I digg up from disk some beauty renders from stage, before I’ve loading models for engine.

Robogirl

robogirl.jpg

Ameonna

ameonna.jpg

Kamiko Ether

kamiko.jpg

And simple example of using insert brush (made in levus3d:) and preview of subtools of Akolite’s character.

SubToolsandBrush.jpg

Thank you again! And if you have any questions guys, just > shoot! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Piotr

Attachments

robogirl.jpg

ameonna.jpg

kamiko.jpg

SubToolsandBrush.jpg

@Shumetsua - LoWang subtools and polygroups (not every part have more than one). As you can see it’s pretty basic. I mostly use polygroups->auto groups for breaking polygon islands to have better control inside one subtool.
polygroups.jpg
lowang_subtools.jpg

@final fight - we will realize small free dlc tomorrow or at Friday :wink:

Attachments

polygroups.jpg

lowang_subtools.jpg

@ paszczak
Great!
Thank you. I see, I have to learn much more about working with polygroups :slight_smile:

@Shumetsua - They are very useful! And to answer your previous question I did couple environment assets but mainly because no one could at that moment. And I will not dare to show them because they are ugly :stuck_out_tongue:
Basically now is all about specialization and its best to focus on one field and master it. Thanks for your comments! :slight_smile:

Really fun, creative stuff guys! Congrats on top row!

@chief71 - thank you :wink:

Amazing! Congrats!

@Stefanuto - Thank you :slight_smile:

omg love it. enough said.

.wow I just love how I can come here and find something new and interesting everytime. never knew about the game till today. pretty awesome. definitely gonna get when we can here me n my hubby,

@LiliScarlet - Thank you :slight_smile:

Small update- we just launched on consoles and we did a trailer for that occasion: