ZBrushCentral

Serge Astahov - Sketchbook

An attempt at sculpting a very famous actor not quite sure if i got there though, still thought i’d post it.

MaleHead_01.jpg

Cheers,
Serge.

Hi guys,

Here’s another famous actor, this time spent a bit more time to capture the likeness. Let’s see if anyone can guess who it is. Any feedback is very welcome.

Male_Head_02.jpg

Cheers,
Serge.

Attachments

Male_Head_02_SideView.jpg

i want to say Ben Stiller

the earlier one is robert de niro and the bottom one is ben stiller.

your slowly getting there, but they are still fare away from the originals.
The only thing that made me know who they are is robert deniro’s mole and the fact that he has the saggy eyes…

and ben stillers side profile is getting close… you need to work a lot still on proportions and shape for both of them.

one suggestion for you while sculpting, turn your sculpt and ref upside down and try sculpting this way. this will help your brain to see different silhouette and shapes and form. its almost like flipping for the concept artists.

keep workin :slight_smile:

Hey monteford2002, thanks for stopping by and yes indeed you’re correct :).

Hey Lunatic, thanks for your comments and feedback regarding my sculpts. Yup that’s the whole idea practice, practice and once again practice. And yes you’re right the first one is Robert DeNiro and the second is Ben Stiller.

Cheers guys,
Serge.

Hi Guys,

Here’s another head sculpt. Another famous actor. As always feedback is very welcome.

Male_Head_03.jpg

Cheers,
Serge.

Attachments

Male_Head_03_SideView.jpg

Ahoy,

Long time no post. Here’s my latest work. The pose is taken from the Dying Gaul sculpture but the person is different (was using Art Models book for reference).
All the feedback is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Serge.

Great exercises!

Cheers asecbrush.
Glad you like them.