ZBrushCentral

Sculpt Dump

enemtor Cheers Dude I appreciate it. Its funny, They are all based off the one robot but I only had a decimated model at work. So I thought sod it and I used that.
I’m not bother with the artifacts because I’m going to use the render as a base to paint up a concept.

s

Hey Guys, I took a break from the Robots.

Here is a Tree coral King dude I have been playing with. Still very wip. I have been experimenting a lot with texture lately. When I get a chance I’ll post about the my process sculpting stuff :slight_smile:
elfKing_render.54low.jpgelfKing_render.542ow.jpg
Sculpted in zbrush rendered in keyshot.

Lates Sam

Attachments

elfKing_render.54low.jpg

elfKing_render.542ow.jpg

WOW beautiful work.
And, I do love your texturing.
:+1:

Hey,

I though I would post my finished robot poster.
sam-rowan-bbpn-samrowan-1hi2.jpgsam-rowan-bbpn-samrowan-2.jpg
Some different angle for the fun of it
sam-rowan-angles-robot.jpgsam-rowan-angles-robot2.jpg

enemtor, Sorry I never replied to this question “Do you mind listing the brushes you used? Did you do any work with the new hardsurface tools at all?”

I pretty much used the Move,Standard,Clay tubes,Inflate tube to block out the over all shape and form. Then move on to the dam standard and the hardsurface brushes like hpolish
and clip curve brushes to get the sharp lines.

I tend to used Move and Standard/clay tubes to start every model.

These guys were done before 4r7 so I never got a chance to used the zmodeler brush on them. I’m finishing off a lot of project just now so I’ll have to layout sometime later to learn zmodeler well.
New way of think its cool.

michalis,dopepope,rasmusW cheers guys

Attachments

sam-rowan-angles-robot.jpg

sam-rowan-bbpn-samrowan-1hi2.jpg

sam-rowan-bbpn-samrowan-2.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Here is some work I did for Studio mcvey miniatures for there sedition wars line. None of these are my designs but they were all made purely in zbrushes using the hardsurface brush pre zmodeler. If I had had zmodeller, god they would have been easier.
I used the shadowbox alot with clip curve and hpolish. I also discovered how to really use grouploops on this project which made things a lot easier.
When printed they stand about 45mm tall.

Over all great fun to work on.

gnosisAssault.jpgtesting2.49 copy.jpgtesting2.51 copy.jpgtesting2.52 copy.jpgtesting2.53 copy.jpgtesting2.55 copy.jpg

I thinik I may have went to far with the grain on this one oops.

Attachments

gnosisAssault.jpg

testing2.51 copy.jpg

testing2.52 copy.jpg

testing2.53 copy.jpg

Some more renders from keyshot
testing2.56 copy.jpgtesting2.58 copy.jpg

These are shots from the studios website,
gnosis3resin1.jpggnosis-31.jpggnosisheavyresin1.jpgsin-ttulo-10.jpg

Attachments

testing2.58 copy.jpg

sin-ttulo-1.jpgsin-ttulo-2.jpg
sin-ttulo-15.jpgsin-ttulo-13.jpggnosiskilianresin2.jpg

ps;

I’m doing a talk/zbrush demo in September at Industry workshops london. Its going to be awesome fun. If you are interested in concept art/ film production you should differently check it out, Quite a few zbrush dudes there.
11109251_435113123323873_6977226789785238503_n.jpg

Night guys S

hey man, thanks for the reply. I was interested because I have been working on a few things that are somewhat similar and I mainly use claybuildup and h polish and sometimes but not very often the lasso clip tool.

I really like the miniatures as well, I would like to work on stuff like that some day.
I printed some of my models recently but found that painting airbrushing is a lot more of a challenge than I anticipated.
Cheers,
Nils

Been totally busy lately but I have starting work on my industry workshop talk. Its going to be fun, here is a a little preview. The last has had some crazy work been posted, some much great work.
s ‪#‎industryworkshops‬

slan1.jpg

Attachments

slan1.jpg

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since I have posted So here it goes !
In the run up to my IW talk I did a mini personal project based on these creature mentioned in Brian Staveley book “Emperor’s Blades”.
They are eyeless cave dwelling creatures called the “Slan”.
These are sculpted from scratch in Zbrush, rendered in keyshot and painted up in Photoshop.

slanHead14_v001_003_SR_MARKED_web.jpgslanCocept_v001_001_SR_MARKED_web.jpgslanHead_v003_004_SR_MARKED_web.jpgscaleboard4_MARKED_web.jpgslanHead_v001_003_SR_MARKED_web.jpg

All the best Sam

Ps any questions just ask

Attachments

scaleboard4_MARKED_web.jpg

slanCocept_v001_001_SR_MARKED_web.jpg

slanHead_v001_003_SR_MARKED_web.jpg

slanHead_v003_004_SR_MARKED_web.jpg

slanHead14_v001_003_SR_MARKED_web.jpg

Hey guys,

I had the day to myself, So of course I made an alien dude. This always happens when I have no idea what to do but hey it was a blast.

monster_alien_01.jpgmonster_alien_02.jpgmonster_alien_03.jpg
You can see high res images here

Hope every one had a sweet new year , S

Attachments

monster_alien_03.jpg

I like him, hes got personality! Great work :+1:

Hey guys,

Earlier in the year, Me and a friend Iain Gonzalez of White Shark Gaming talked about doing a likeness bust.
Well the bust is finish and I thought I would give its little post process blog.

We are a both big fans of the film “Jaws” and love the character Quint.

Robert Shaw in that role is fantastic and I was excited to give him a shot.
Before I started I gathered a load of screen grabs from the film and laid them out in Pureref . Great bit of software.
DQmWrx1twKgj67M9qCig2UbQGVAaDcgpwsC8S73XMmQFpGy_1680x8400.png

This image steps you through my process a bit. I grabbed a based mesh I had lying around.
I always start by figuring out the land marks of the face and there placement relative to each other.

Once Iain and I were happy. I prepared the model of casting.
Sounds weird saying that since we were about to send it to be 3d printed but we its much easier to cut and insert “keys” in the model at this time.
DQmcDyyBTBPb5B1wgwWW5b4UnPMVs6HPF697wXoLEqcpzaj_1680x8400.jpg

Since the hat had a massive over hang. Splitting the hat from the body made both printing and casting much easier.
I made this bust before the 4r8 release. So I had to use the add/sub dynamesh features . The new Booleans feature would have really helped with this process now.

Before We sent the model off to the Final printers I wanted to test print it to check the scale was right.
I have a flash forge dreamer FDM printer at home and its perfect for this type of prototyping.
As you can see the quality is really nasty but this model was purely about the scale.
If you are lucky enough to have or know someone with a FDM printer I recommend this step, it can save you a lot of money as resin printing is really expensive.

DQmbGKXa5BkT9V2rxuVjY9uEF1MUg8KryzDn3zMB8C8RmCb_1680x8400.jpg
This is the print we got back for the printers, the photos are blurry sorry.
I don’t have access tot he print at this time. The quality was insane . It was printed on a solus3d.

DQmajttRtNkBgaQgP9Cgik5G4n1WecCtgCkNaXo1HTmGQ3U_1680x8400.jpgDQmX5TbWQsqn4z6VUxvUANZrsYYhguRQ2wrhroUoeAmbQDP_1680x8400.jpg

My job was done and lain took over. He took the print made a 2 part mold and pressure cast in resin.
Here are some really early failed models.
DQmbx3MgCVPvQPuu662kSqcndjkMfRFSwPMT6T17yd1B1zu_1680x8400.jpg
It did not take long for him to iron out the creases, here is a line up of the all the models.
Then lain went mad and casts tons haha
DQmTYF5h9QacGWY3N152LSwk4kq1wfqKLBU2P94mR82JeHG_1680x8400.jpg

Last but not least here are some photos of the final product.

It still amazes me the amount of detail we managed to get in the final product.
We still have a few left if anyone is interested you can buy them here http://www.samrowan.com/fairwell-and-adieu.html

All the best Sam

Attachments

More Hires images

DQmabpVCqizNbRfYKWh4ckGexVvNRvjEnPjcnPdgzmKQskJ_1680x8400.jpgDQmYv9DBNekhhhsHNmFZWCXkJjuT2kop9qAPQivuv4GQQ7k_1680x8400.jpgDQmQ2vsrkoev1kcbc8mvVDyyDgMnQzSy92DfZ5gLep7JuEm_1680x8400.jpgDQmPCEYUX7wzYrY2LP7aQhBWmgRSEdZMApDHZPRzeY5BASj_1680x8400.jpgDQmWMZR7dFMw6w1EYxkv9obUu4mcHUCSbhSo7Yp6pgFrtJV_1680x8400.jpgDQmdgkQTmKPChMh8XhpEZPwBWTeDxUACnTdAowUM42SZA1F_1680x8400.jpgDQmV8QZUyCgM42vgduw6ev5K2rSQ1WWpbG4kuScnt6uEbZk_1680x8400.jpgDQmQUrTkvYvhdAWNU1fxorDtqeski1MdoHF1BraTRqTQeMs_1680x8400.jpg

Attachments

DQmabpVCqizNbRfYKWh4ckGexVvNRvjEnPjcnPdgzmKQskJ_1680x8400.jpg

DQmWMZR7dFMw6w1EYxkv9obUu4mcHUCSbhSo7Yp6pgFrtJV_1680x8400.jpg

DQmQUrTkvYvhdAWNU1fxorDtqeski1MdoHF1BraTRqTQeMs_1680x8400.jpg

DQmPCEYUX7wzYrY2LP7aQhBWmgRSEdZMApDHZPRzeY5BASj_1680x8400.jpg

DQmV8QZUyCgM42vgduw6ev5K2rSQ1WWpbG4kuScnt6uEbZk_1680x8400.jpg

DQmQ2vsrkoev1kcbc8mvVDyyDgMnQzSy92DfZ5gLep7JuEm_1680x8400.jpg

DQmdgkQTmKPChMh8XhpEZPwBWTeDxUACnTdAowUM42SZA1F_1680x8400.jpg

DQmYv9DBNekhhhsHNmFZWCXkJjuT2kop9qAPQivuv4GQQ7k_1680x8400.jpg

Very cool work!!
Cheers,
Selwy

Really good! great forms and 3D print! Loved it!

Really nice work!

print looking cool mate

Awesome Job guys! thanks for sharing the process, about how much time did you spend sculpting the likeness? Thanks for the pureref shout out, i just picked it up.

Awesome work as always buddy!