ZBrushCentral

Scrybe's Sketchbook

Thanks SO MUCH for the detailed feedback, guys. Yeah, this is a challenging composition for many reasons. I will play around with the center of gravity thing. For the hand poses, I had my wife swing a stick and that’s where she put her hands. This is a 12 year old girl, (the character, not my wife!) so she is just lashing out in fear and would naturally be quite clumsy about it. Also, I have a general idea of the angle, but since I haven’t nailed it down yet I haven’t gone in and really designed the angles of the compasition. But I can see that is probably hurting me. I’m familiar with the concept… making Vs and Ms and such with the lines and flow. Though I think I learned that from that Making Comics the Marvel Way or something like that. Maybe I’ll check out this Kandinsky guy.

Another revision.

JoshForeman@gmail_WIP_SW_RejoiceCrab3.jpg

And here is a dude winding up to throw a lead weight.

I used Nick Z’s basemesh dude as a starting point. Thanks, Nick!

[JoshForeman@gmail_WIP_SW_NoThrow.jpg]

His throwing arm looks extremely small

Well… this is just so terrible. So so terrible. My first attempt at rendering. It looks worse than those awful Poser characters on DeviantArt. I’m using Vray in Maya. It took me weeks just to get most of the technical shader stuff sorted out. And THIS is the result. Makes me want to cry. Any tips?

JoshForeman@gmail_WIP_SW_Book2_01.jpg

Why not render in ZBrush using Best Preview Render (BPR). Then you can composite the background in after.

I’m working on testing this out. How does that work with all the different elements though? How can I keep a consistent camera and light set up for all the different characters? And is there a way to plug in specular maps?

I’m not really sure how to set it up for multiple characters, but to get spec you use different materials and composite them.

Check out this thread.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=074301