ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Ralf Klostermann

The terrain:

Made from ZBrush’s terrain-object, sculpted, polypainted:

Terrain.jpg

I have finished a first result, but will try some other options before I decide which one to post finally here.

This is just a teaser of some parts of the final image (not the complete image itself, of coarse):

Teaser.jpg

The final picture:

‘Hanniballoween - the final cut’

This is only the small < 200 KB-Version, the original has 2000 x 2500 pixel and much more Details to see.
I will send it tomorrow to Aurick.

This work is ~95% ZBrush3.
All characteres except the house and the cloudy sky are made out of ZSpheres from scratch. The silencing lamb, Little Hannibal, the terrain and the gravestones are also ZBrush-rendered, only the ‘Scared Pumpkin’ is rendered in C4D V.10.1 with AR.
The House and the cloudy sky are based on free www-photos, then matte-painted in ZBrush3 to an basic background-layer.
The final composing was done with a frequent change between PaintShopPro 7 for the transparent-layer-work and Zbrush3 to matte-paint each arranged layer into the final picture.
So all the painting here is 100% Zbrush3.
A hard work with at least 2 whole nights work to get it done.
A very interesting and new thing for me was the use of ZBrush’s 2D-Painting-features for this project.
First I created the basic background (house and sky) in ZBrush in a matte-painting-style, then I placed every (ZBrush-) rendered character and the terain in a seperate Layer inside PaintShopPro 7 and loaded every time the background + one layer as one .psd-file into ZBrush. Then I integrated the character with the ZBrush 2D-features into one picture, saved it and did the same procedure again and again until all layers were seamlessly integrated into one final picture.

Just for the records, as you can see in the final picture, I changed the theme a little bit compaired to my initial idea when it came to the final composition.
I played with some ideas and this seemed the best for me to fit all characters in an unusual and more dramatic constellation.

So the theme is now changed in:

Little Hannibal is having his first Halloween, so he and his silencing lamb invite you all to a special Halloween-party into his house.
No question that you are supposed to be the dinner, ha-ha :wink:

Hope you like it.
Thanks for all the comments.

A scary & silly halloween to all,

Ralf Klostermann.

Hannibaloween_final_small.jpg

Attachments

SSThumb_RalfKlostermann.jpg

Great Job on the composition Ralf! That sheap is hilarious.
Congrats! :+1: :smiley:

cool stuff Rastaman … good luck :+1:

Well done man! this looks brilliant. the sheep is very funny!