ZBrushCentral

samurai

the over all is awsome but the hands and the waste are a bit out of porpotion unless you meant to make them look that way

thanks KrakenCMT :wink:

again…
Here are middle views of my samurai. Keep in mind that it’s a work in progress. I will improve muscular details , and Shape of the body and the angle of the hand , etc…

I hope your comment and criticism.

[samuraiWip0612_003s.jpg]

Wow, awesome work man! what render settings did you use in Zbrush to have such a crisp antialized render?

Perfect renders are easy. Create your document at twice the size you’ll export. Do a best render, then press Zoom>AA Half. This resizes the output of your image, giving crisp edges without resizing the working document. You can even work with AA Half active, if you want.

Wow, that’s looking really good! can’t wait to see it finished!

VeryGrimm - Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
skarpunin - It is not software rendering, only hardWare render. I used AA Half mode .
aurick - Thats right !
zerodean - Thanks , I will try ! :smiley:

Tokyo is midnight. I Feel drowsy…catch some Z’s …
Good night!

It’s already been said, but I’ll say it again. Your intention to detail is incredible and well balanced. I think one of the trickiest parts about Zbrush is knowing when to stop before the pores and veins become overkill. I think this should be toprow…twice.

I love his face, it looks like a toned-down Oni Mask! Agree with the sentiment about his arms, they look a little blah compared to the dynamic of the rest of the figure, but you already said you were working on them.
Welcome to ZB!

great modeling, man.

that’s a nice job, congratulation.

Cheers

Roland

Heh - I didnt wanted to sound like I kno a lot about japanese culture - in fact I am just starting to learn japanese but hey - is really hard :smiley: But again - thanks to such guys like Akira Kurosawa and his “Shichinin no Samurai” people knows world widely what means that word.

In case of your little guy :wink: - I still dont like his hands - I mean palms - they look basicly too big. When You spread your palm you can see that is more or less size of your face. In that case… looks too big.
Each person is different however… I like a lot his face - eyes in particular. I still cannot catch the look of asian eyes…

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

j lizzle - Thanks:) I’m currently modify his hands and pose . by the way Please teach me where of the veinis wrong ?:wink:
RaelNorth - Oni Mask! No doubt! :lol:
Roland Kaiser - Thanks ! Cheers :slight_smile:
miztli - haha! English is really difficult for me . I also think that “Shichinin no Samurai” is great . Ok I will modify his palms for a couple days .:cool:

I hope you ll make a nice hakama unless you prefer him naked! :smiley:

it is not so easy to model a hakama with the right folds, i want to do that also sometime, i think i’m going to do a realistic aikido scene, when i solve some retopology problems!

yiannis t. - Yes, I know that hakama has very Intricacy topology , especially from waist to crotch . :wink:
I am looking forward to seeing your aikido scene !
合気道 ← I wrote “aikido” in Japanese . :smiley:

Hi everyone! I checked “Iaido”.
Then, I updated his both hands.
[attach=61315]samuraiWip0619_003.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

samuraiWip0619_003.jpg

samuraiThumb.jpg

MUCH better now :wink: Hey, now stop modeling and start some texture - otherwise you will be changing it forever :lol: Unless you want to give him some nice hakama?

Nice job.

Xcellent model and images

looks really nice…
forms and anaotmy are well done;)

Here are front/back views of my present model.:lol:
[samuraiWip0619_005.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘61323’,‘samuraiWip0619_005.jpg’,1,0))

With all of the adjustments you’ve made, you have created a true study in anatomy! I hope that you do take this character to final texturing, he certainly deserves it.
Congradulations on the Modeling!:+1:

really awesome sculpt!! his buttocks/groin area is looking a bit long or low–hard to say, exactly. but it looks fantastic otherwise.