ZBrushCentral

Rory_L Sketch Thread

And for a change of pace…this drawn to congratulate a friend.

<!--[attach=245308&thumb=1]BabyStorkWebThumb.jpg[/ATT&thumb=1]![BabyStorkWebRes.jpg|772x592](upload://5ggzH1EUVLwhPzxwQ7Rc3C5nTEe.jpeg)![BabyStorkWebThumb.jpg|110x60](upload://5KdAZquvbvaTOd03rsunkFGspAr.jpeg)

Really enjoyed going through your sketchbook this morning…Put a :slight_smile: on my face…Thanks…:+1:

I like your style.

Great shape and style!

The 2011 Halloween Competition inspired me to experiment with creating smoke in ZBrush. I think I got quite a nice result and have posted the tutorial in this thread here:-

[http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163171-ZBrush-Smoke-Tutorial

SmokeTestRender.JPG](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163171-ZBrush-Smoke-Tutorial)

And a Happy New Year to you all! I hope you have a fabulous 2012 and that you aren’t hit by the global downturn. I particularly want to thank all the staff at Pixologic and elsewhere who have kindly supported me and supplied clever answers to my questions over the year.

ChristmasCard2011_01.jpg

This was all drawn in ZBrush, over rough sketch 3D ZTool meshes, used for guidance. Render layers composited in Photoshop. Below is a close-up of one of these shading-catcher elements. The emphasis was on form, not detail.

BreakfastDragon.JPG

It’s beautiful!!!
I love it. :+1:
Merry christmas to you Rory_L

Ah, I’ve been waiting for this! :wink: Great stuff! :slight_smile:

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Rory!

Not a FiberMesh model :slight_smile:

FurryBug.jpg

I LOVE THAT!!!
What wonderful little critters!!!

I hope it’s been a good year for all of you. 2012’s been fun for me, mostly because the tasks I’ve been asked to do at work have needed me to use ZBrush almost every day. Ah, bliss!

ChristmasCard2012Web.jpgChristmasCard2012Web.jpg

And the same to you! :slight_smile:

My wife and I visited the Barbara Hepworth museum in Wakefield, Yorkshire on Saturday and were so impressed that I nicked this sculpture and planted it in the field at the back of our house.

Hepworth01bSmall.jpg

Started as a ShadowBox mesh, which I ZRemeshed to clean up. Mostly sculpted with hPolish and a UV mapped noise alpha texture. The grass is FibreMesh, of course.

Hepworth01Strip.jpg

Hepworth01.gif

Attachments

Hepworth01Strip.jpg

Great piece of art!
i love it .

have to go to this museum myself. Seems a bit like Moore, of whom we have some statues here in Hamburg.

Yes, Hepworth was a colleague of Henry Moore’s. They met as students at Leeds Art School and continued to influence each other and pursue similar themes in their work.

My image is not a copy of one of her pieces: Hepworth is its mother, but Moore would probably lose the paternity suit!

There are Moores there in the museum currently, but I have a feeling that they’re part of a temporary display. However if you get yourself over to Yorkshire some time you must go to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, which has loads of his large sculptures, set in sheep-grazed park land: beautiful, in all respects!

This is a drawing I did, using ZBrush, for my nephew. He’s a big fan of Asterix at the moment. The big lump with the katana is my own character, the Correspondence Course Warrior.

CCW_Duel.jpg

Attachments

CCW_Duel.jpg

Nicely done.
Cool style.:+1:

My boy, Roan’s first birthday present. He was one on Monday. This was all done with ZBrush, the B&W masks drawn in normal ZBrush and the colour portrait painted in PaintStop.

RoanPortrait_Small.jpg

RoanPortraitCloseUp.jpgRoanPortraitMask_BGSmall.jpg

Great work! And Happy Birthday to your little boy.