ZBrushCentral

Rodia's sketchbook

Hai Phung: that’s right. It’s just as you said. I’s just as shown in Montyband’s post. The only difference is that I did a quick scatter radius map (greyscale) and that I’m not using an overall texture. There’s a nice tuto here-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqEyJ8cLOas

cheers!

WOP! Here I am, once again to show some stuff.

This last short project is about dynamic anatomy. It was meant to last a couple of days but I just can’t stop doing renders!! I go bananas and I get obsessed if I don’t make a final image with decent lighting and post. Next time I’ll try to post some nice Zbrush time-lapse better than spending my weekend doing renders.

cheers!

VERY cool !

Great work man !

HI! lots of work these last two months, but I’m back!
For this project I wanted to do some research in shading and lighting for a future project.
All details were done with custom alphas and displacement.
The design is based on a drawing I did last year.

cheers!

Just stopping by to say,.still enjoying your sketchbook…Great job with the action on those boxers…Dynamic Energy…:+1: :slight_smile:

I love the posing on the boxers but I have to say the texturing on your latest work is next to flawless and compliments the style perfectly. Really great job.

Great work happening here. Boxers and your officer both.

mannnnn, how do you do those great renders ?!?!
And all your modles are just perfect ;f

love it.

realy nice character!:+1:, much better the fabric and metal render than the skin.
keep it up!

Hey Rodia!

i love the last work the most, nice balance between realistic parts and toony parts, and I really like that you can see the supposed painterly strokes on his face. How’s the path to your dream job doing? :smiley:

-G

great work, i like johnny cash and the toon as well…

cheers jerry

Amazing work man :+1: love the traditional sculpture feel of all the sketches. About the last toon soldier, is that rendered in Zbrush or somewhere else? His skin looks amazing!

Wow, that last render is just awesome!:+1:
How do you achieve that awesome painted look in the final render?

For me the toon it’s just Top Row…the shape, the texturing…
Maybe it’s not the most complicated and over detailed model, but it’s simplicity is delicious.
I miss this kind of works in the pixologic gallery.

BRAVO!!!

SpiritDreamer, nimajneb, GX@W, LOad, lazy noob, amph: thanks mates :smiley:
pigdog04: thanks a lot! It’s really encouraging to have some good feedback about the “general” since it’s a much more personal work.
slocik: vray is a great tool :slight_smile:
Revvels: thanks! I was really trying to make a handmadereallisticartoon style, so I’m very glad you notice and like it :)…about my dream job, I’m just working hard to try to make it next year :smiley:
polaroid29: Thanks mate. I do all my renders with vray since is what I know best. I would like to have the time to test the zbrush render since I’ve seen some pretty amazing stuff in the forum.
Santis: The painted look is just because the textures are hand painted with some big strokes to make it visible. I’m glade you like it :smiley:

I’ll try to finish Johnny Cash this week before going on vacations.

cheers and see you soon!

This was meant to be a speed-sculpt, so the modelling didn’t take very long, however I wanted to test the SSS2 shader so I’m still working on it. The next step is to finish the textures and make the hair.
cheers!

Superbe mon ami…Visited your site, beautiful work for the amnesty international illustration.

He’s coming out really well so far. He reminds me a little bit of Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor at this angle and without the hair.

Beautiful portrait! great work on shirt, beautiful. :+1: