ZBrushCentral

robo3687's 2011 Sketchbook

looking great:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:,

Nice :slight_smile:

Dude that old Han Solo is sick! Awesome!

took another stab at the hair…its roughly based on his hair from RotJ

032t.jpg

Attachments

032.jpg

More grumpy, Harrison Ford is way more grumpy and annoyed.
:slight_smile:

harrison is…but i feel like Han wouldn’t be…lol

nice model :slight_smile: is that the default hair plugin for max?

yep, rendered in vray…wish i had hairfarm though…lol…

u have a great portrait of Harrison Ford there, but not of Han Solo, i think… i’m not getting a story - or history- from that face… something obvious would be a large scar across the face, or laser burns, a lost eye, something to give us a bit of imagined history so we can fill in the gap from his younger days to now.
Imagine his hair wild much wilder, dishevelled, caked with dirt like he was in hiding, we’d be thinking, ‘from what?’ is there a future war in the republic, etc… a robot prosthetic?
imagine this is a mug shot and he’s in chains, captured again…?

well, you see where i’m going here :slight_smile:

It’s such a good portrait, the thing that will make it Han rather than Harrison, will be something logical and unique to the Star Wars story

keep at it!

its something i’ve thought about, I’m basing this on what he’d be like 44 years after A New Hope, and after a bit of research it would appear he’s a Republic General and hasn’t gotten any kind of scars, if going solely off the EU materials…

it won’t just be a portrait, it’ll be a full body model, i’ve even got most of the lower body done, just hadn’t got around to posting it

[attach=239855]034.jpg[/attach]

only the pants have been sculpted so far, still to get to the boots and belt…

i’m still trying to figure out a pose and/or scene to put him in though…

Attachments

034.jpg

Freeze him!!!

[attach=239873]han3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

han3.jpg

here’s the first pass at all the clothes done…now to pose and adjust…

it’s just a lo-res version of the head on there at the moment

037t.jpg

Attachments

037.jpg

updated look at the face and hair. The face now has some colour variation and the angle you’re seeing it at is roughly what’ll be in the final render…

i have a concern that perhaps the hair is too grey…it might need some brown…

041t.jpg

Attachments

041.jpg

038.jpg

This looks great. keep at it. I think the last hair you posted looked good. the color wasnt to grey unless you want a younger look.

alrighty here’s the final Old Han Solo image

041t.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=244059)</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Attachments

The face is fantastic! Years ago I sculpted the Harrison Ford at Madame Tussauds so I am very familiar with this face. My only criticism is that the hand really lets it down. Congrats on a superb portrait.

wow thanks, that certainly a compliment I’ll take…lol

02-new-t.jpg

so far i think it’s going well, certainly miles ahead of the previous one…lol…still yet to touch the ears

Attachments

01-old.jpg

02-new.jpg

alrighty, a lot of progress has been made on dianna since I last posted, it’s gone through about 6 major revisions and its finally at a point where i’m happy to show it again…

[003t.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]![003t.jpg|110x60](upload://f9PiBkKmqwi6AzwrslUeTfdT3Zj.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=251217)

I’'ve neglected the back half of the head, which is why its so massive, I’ll need to bring it in a bit…

i think i also need to whiten the eyes a bit, they seem a little dark and a bit yellow at the moment…

and of course do eyelashes and proper hair…

Attachments

003.jpg

004.jpg

good work, nice sculpts, just I think that the skin shader is too waxy :slight_smile: