ZBrushCentral

Robinson The Journey Art Dump

nice models, do kind of wished this come to the pc. well i guess is going be a long time to get a PSVR with ps4 eye toy or something.

Gorgeous, gorgeous models. The detail on the skin and scales is insane!! Do you have a timelapse you’re allowed to show?

Thanks guys! much appreciated :slight_smile:

Enishi concerning the skin details, as I explained on the first page, It’s all hand sculpted.
We try to avoid Alphas for main wrinkle and secondary details.
It makes everything much more unique.
Then for the macro details like pores, we either use some techniques revolving around the smooth-peaks brush,
or we sculpt our own pore/scale details that we convert to an height map and use surface noise.

Nagulov by timelaps you mean a recording of the sculpting and detailing process? If so no.
Could make one but It’s really manual labour, placing the main shape, the main wrinkles based on joint rotation vs muscle fibre flow.
Then keeping on adding more and more details until you reach a point where you need only surface noise on top.
I’ll see if some ztool have history and see if i can make a timeline if that helps.

I’ll see if some ztool have history and see if i can make a timeline if that helps.

Yes please!

But if I understand correctly, they’re all practically 90% hand-sculpted? Amazing. I wouldn’t know where to begin (I mean, yes, main folds, but you know what I mean :smiley: )…

Fantastic work. How much time did you guys spend per dinosaur? What resolution was the textures? Single or Multi-Tile UVs?

Great work overall! :smiley: My favourite is this one:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=527921

…natural models! :sunglasses:

Dude, those details are fantastic. :oIt is even more impressive to know they were made by hand.
I am currently working on a model for portfolio and I am thinking of making a skin similar to that of that Velociraptor. I saw that you explained how it did but I was a bit confused about the process. In the case of Velociraptor, did you do the folds first and applied an alpha with the dots (scales) or otherwise? Or was each scale made one by one? Any special tools?
If you could give more details about the process, I would be grateful.:smiley:
Sorry for the amount of questions and again, congratulations to the excellent work.

Hi Isunoj .

For your question.
I have no good alpha map. if i have nice one i like to use that.
The skin just use shandard brush by hand.

So what Tony is trying to say is his normal workflow would involve alpha as it’s faster.
In the case of Robinson the game, and here, the Raptor, he sculpted the wrinkle using standard brush with alpha 46 or dam standard.
inflate and Blob brush with normal standard were used to make the pore details.
No alpha as in ,skin maps or texture map were used, but the simple alpha you get in normal brush if you get what i mean.
It seems it would be easier to actual demonstrate it, as i cant find any of our tool with history
(we turn off history for saving memory on save, files being fairly big)
although it’s as simple as it says, you sculpt the larger wrinkle and add to them continually until you get so close
your eyes hurt.

we have a lot on our hands at the mo, but if really peeps want it we’ll try to record the process on our next asset.
Although not sur ewhich tool would be the best for that.
cheers
A

Guys, thanks for the explanation, they were very enlightening. I will try to apply in my process.

You guys really did a great job.