ZBrushCentral

Return of the 80's Troll

…has baby’s face attitudes :smiley:

Hey thanks everyone.I’ve been out of town and away from the internet since last Fri. this is the first chance I’ve had to check in. I’ll answer your questions when I get back. thanks for your comments

Ok I’m back to my computer.
Brian aka mr.monster I 'll try and answer some of your questions.

Yes it is the same mesh that I used for the earlier post of this character but with no fancy sculpting. I was saving that version at a high level and it screwed up the model , so I started again at level 1. No those places that you pointed out were not the Deco brush I’m not a big fan of it. I just use the simple brush usually with alpha 36 and adjust the draw and Z depths. I find that I can control it better than I can control the deco brush. Yes to the question of multiple custom alphas. Just simple white dots on a black BG.
The motion blur is just checking the box in the camera properties panel in LW.
I am planning on doing a more textured version with displacement maps for animation but it will have to wait until after Halloween, though I am kind of liking the not so over sculpted version.
Why the heck are you living in Prague?
I just sent the animation to Lemo and hopefully he will be able to post a link to it. Before you look at it I have to say that it is not that great it was mainly to see if my morph,bump and color maps were working. I did it without a plan and just went from one pose to another without much thought. There are no pauses just a lot of aimless moving around. I have not finessed the timing at all .There is basically no rig either, except for a few bones in the hands which are separate objects from the body . The head, eyes ,teeth, and shoulders are just moving from their pivot points which I think will be obvious when you look at the animation. So in other words please don’t be too hard on me as it was a quick test.
Greg thanks for posting the photo of me young to show how much I have aged.
Cesar thanks for posting the crappy octoman photo to show that I have gotten a little better over he years.
Again thanks everyone for your comments

Hey Rick,

I really love this character. Can’t weight to see the animation. It is also interesting that you went back to re-visit some old work.

I am also wounder if you plan to do something a little more Alain or monstrous soon?

Little D.

Hey Rick.
You’re very welcome.
It’s comforting to guy like me to know that you too began very humbly.:wink:
Not all of us can be born into the talent jackpot.
Some of us schleps have to works our butts off.
That’s what I always liked about your work.
Every year there was progression, you never settled.
I think that’s the difference… if you know what I mean.:slight_smile:
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

what’s this talent thing your talking about? I like the octopus, its even better because its a mutated manopus hybrid.

And more importantly you had a mullet, Rick?

Here is Monstermakers Troll animated. 14MB on a slow server.

www.onesmall.com/stuff/trollimation.mov

Enjoy and thanks Monstermaker for sharing it!

Cheers
Lemo

Great stuff.

The character has really clean deformation…

Little D.

Hi Rick,

Looks pretty good for a rough. Did you animate in LW?

TD

Fun stuff, There is a little “Harry” (as in Harry and the Hendersons) in him. Its the eye brows at the end.

Its great to see this progression to movement Rick, cant wait to see where this goes!

Greg

Rick,

Thanks for sharing the test. You’ve come along way pretty quick. You’ve worked hard at it and the rewards are showing.
Pretty good test I’d say. No disclaimers necessary for a test. Shows a lot of range of expression.

A big thanks also for taking time with in-depth answers to my plethora of texture questions. I will definately give them a try.

I thinks this version seems a little sweeter perhaps. Which is nice.
The other version just brought back memories and was a nice piece.

I’ll PM you about Prague sometime…

Thanks again,
~Brian
PS. Lemonado, thanks for the animation link!

When it´s about time to do the dishes and admit
who - again - just hurled the garbage out of the
kitchen window.

“Priceless acting talent you´ve gotten yourself, Sir”.

Cheers

tim

Looks like an Ogre to me