ZBrushCentral

Realism/Likeness - Lagertha from Vikings

some more progress

laga_texturing_018forum.jpg

cool work man keep it up !

Awesome job man, the eyes are really good, with the skin shading and all, can’t wait to see more

thanks guys!

here’s an update on the body.
winnickbody3.jpg

Awesome work with the eye and the eyelashes, I don’t feel the eyebrows yet maybe the direction of the eyebrow hairs is not completely correct? Keep up the good work and look forward to the end result.

the brows right now are super temp. theyre actually part of the texture at the moment. my plan is to disable the brow later once i get it closer to realistic, and make proper fur brows.someone mentioned it was hard to judge how realistic she looked without brows so i added those quickly.

here’s an update on the skin shader. hopefully it will be a bit more realistic now. I’m still trying to get the specular correct. Right now im only using hdr lighting. For some reason my spec values on vray dont seem to match the intensity shown in the reflective sphere(althought the eyes reflection seem very dim in comparison.) i dunno whats going on.

hey man.
Great work.
Can u tell me- rendering MentalRay?
do u use bump here? Or displacement+ normal…
Also u using photo-textures, so how do u combine it with ur bump/normal map? Or may be u generate bump from
diffuse map to get proper pores… I was making some tests and cant get such good detailed specular its commonly
depends on relief map. My skin looks too noisy.
–thx.

hi Ustos. thanks for the kind words.
I’m using Vray. At the moment this has no displacement, just very high sudvision. maybe ill make a displacement pass at the end, but for now bump should be enough. i dont want my rendertimes to get too crazy.
its a combination of photo-textures and painting. normal maps could also work, but im using bump at the moment.

today’s update. Tweaked the face further. I think its matching Kathyrin Winnick’s quite a bit more now. Have to fix the ear tho. Been playing a bit too much in photoshop and the image got kinda greenish…apologies for that…tomorrow’s render should be more neutral.
c&C welcome as always.!

JustHdri8+gi+occ-stronger-spec-laga48+vraylightfront--HIRES.jpg

Eyes and lips look great, I also like the slight imperfections, thought the poly count would be higher, that’s good work.

thanks!

here’s today’s update on the skin and some small tweaks on her face.

forums.jpg

Looks stunning! What are you rendering in? :+1:

Very nicely done.

Really wonderful. :slight_smile:

The skin and the eyes/mouth are so realistic!

She looks great, curious how the end result will look like with hair on her head.

She’s looking great! instantly recognizable! Will be keeping a close eye on this space, looking forward to seeing where you take her :slight_smile:

Hi… nice looking skin

You have used skin from photo or draw all the color and birthmarks personally … ?

thanks everyone for your support! i really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

here’s a small update. started the clothes. (very blocky at the moment). trying to find a good solution for the chainmail, but its proving to be very tricky

clothes.JPG

ModoSsv - thanks! the birthmarks are hand painted, based on what i found on Katherine’s real skin(even the big mole on her ear :smiley: )
some of them are probably still missing tho.
the rest of the skin is a mix of photosourcing and lots of hand painting on Mari

The “grain” of your chainmail should be “hanging” the other direction. Up and down, not left to right.

Attachments

Alu-butted-chainmail.jpg