ZBrushCentral

QuickSave Plugin Button Set for ZB3 (replaces PSnap)

where is useZfolder? I seem to be overlooking it.

S

In Preferences and select Misc and there you have the option to use ZFolders.

Preferences->Misc->Use ZFolders

Thanks for this. :slight_smile: Looks like a great time-saver.

Svengali this is by far my favorite ZScript!!

I have a requst though - can you make a button that pauses the current movie recording, saves, then begins recording again? I make a lot of videos for classes and tutorials…

It may also be cool to make a model/movie save button that does both at one press?

S

Hi Scott,

If I add Video and V+ buttons to QuickSave, I’ll post a new version in a few days for testing. :slight_smile:

Sven

Thanks Sven!

Scott

Great plug! Cheers :slight_smile:

To anyone visiting this thread on QuickSave: AN UPDATED VERSION HAS BEEN POSTED…

Update for QuickSave as of August, 2007 in THIS LINK

Sven

This is one of my top three ZBrush plugins - its a lifesaver! If you haven’t downloaded this one GET IT! : )

S

Really cool plug-in.

But I have a suggestion, is it possible to get a cyclic save.
For example, you save your file with the incremental feature (M+) but you can also save with an other feature this file in a cyclic way.
You got MyHead.ztl, you push M+ and got MyHead001.ztl and if you push the cyclic buton, you got MyHead001_1.ztl and after you have reach the maximum number (MyHead001_5.ztl or anything that could be choosen would be better) the save go back to the first save and it save on it.
Like that you are saving disk space.
You can get an incremental save for critical change on your model, and get a cyclic save to be able to go back to previous file if Zbrush crash.

It’s a kind of autosave but you have to do it by yourself.
Because if you are saving very often it will become really space consuming.

I’m not sure I understand. How does the M+ function autosave? It appears to simply save into a new file. That’s great, but a little misleading since the autosave function typically means that the software is backing up your file automatically every five minutes or what not.

Autosave? NO. QuickSave? YES. Provides a one button (M+) incremental save of a work-in-progress.

As explained elsewhere, a reliable ZScripted solution for autosaving is not possible.

Hopefully ZBrush 3.5 will provide an autosave option.

Sven

I love this plugin - but one problem i’m having right now is that after i use it (M+) i am no longer able to mouse over my subtools and get the polycount read outs.

Basically whne i load a model all is well and all seems well if i save by hand. but when i use the plugin,… i hit M+ and then forever after that i cannot mouse over sub tools for infomation, until i restart zbrush and load my tool up again.

Is this a common problem? is there a way i can check that information with out the mouse over?

Cause i can’t live with out this plugin now :). its so awesome

Thanks…

rv_el,

Sorry, I’ve never had this problem (if anyone else using QuickSave who reads this does HAVE this problem too, could you please confirm?)

In the meantime rv, you might considering downloading the most recent update which you can link >>> HERE <<< to see if that fixes the problem for you.

Beyond that I don’t know what to recommend.

Sven

I have the same exact problem that rv_el mentioned. Im using your plugin in Zbrush 4.

Castro,

I’ll have to blow the dust off this script (been working in other software for some months.) Let me see if I can get an QuickSave update for ZB4 together and while doing that, see if I can find the reason for the problem you’re having. May take a little while…

Sven

Sven,

I know what can cause this issue - will write you soon.

this is one of my top 3 plugins. The current version works in ZB4 but it would be great to get compatibility with zprojects as well.

Good to know you’re on top of things though, thanks very much :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for being on it!

We had to stop using it since you can’t use Undo anymore and doing manual saves without the increment is making us save less because it takes so long :stuck_out_tongue: