ZBrushCentral

QToolBar 1.0 Released

bag , 125% zoom

thanks for the quick reply encore my max resolution on my asus ep121 is 1280 x 800.:cool: thank you… just tried what popkorn suggested and problem fixed… i dunno why i had it a 125%… thx for this amazing tool and you willing to make some fixes for my own issues… and thanks popkorn for the suggestion. you guys are awesome… im so happy!!! :lol:

Does this work with 4R5???

This is great.
Is there a way to just get the shortcut buttons on the tool? Instead of everything else?
Or what would I need to do in order to just have the shortcut keys?
I’m working on a small 8" tablet.

Example:

QuickToolbar_Shortcuts.jpg

Hi,

I’m sorry, I just haven’t had much time to work on QToolbar. When I have time, I look for a more formal solution.

Have a look at Artdock as an alternative.

-encore

Yeah, I ended up looking at that but for some reason couldn’t make it work with my tablet (Asus VivoTab Note 8) with Windows 8.
ArtDock launches, but doesn’t operate as intended I guess I should say.

I saw what you created before I looked at ArtDock, then went back to your app and it works like it should! lol

I’ll have to spend some time this weekend to try it out again (ArtDock), thanks for getting back though! :smiley:

Yeah, I ended up looking at that but for some reason couldn’t make it work with my tablet (Asus VivoTab Note 8) with Windows 8.
ArtDock launches, but doesn’t operate as intended I guess I should say.

I saw what you created before I looked at ArtDock, then went back to your app and it works like it should! lol

I’ll have to spend some time this weekend to try it out again (ArtDock), thanks for getting back though! :smiley:

Hey Rhinton,

How well does Zbrush work on that device? I’ve been looking at it and it looks interesting.

• How many polys can you get up to before it gets sluggish?
  • How well does the stylus that’s built in work?

Thanks

Currently I’m using the Surface Pro pen for this tablet as it feels better in your hand than the one that comes with it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-Pro-Pen/productID.291878000

The problem with Zbrush is…it’s just not very tablet friendly. Especially for the Asus VivoTab Note 8, because it doesn’t have a dedicated keyboard and smaller screen than the SurfacePro.
I think I might look into a smaller bluetooth keyboard for this guy.
The buttons in Zbrush are also incredibly tiny.
Sculptris works better, but you’re still lacking the keyboard, or some type of hotbar to use keys for masking and such. Because you’ll need to press down Ctrl.

I haven’t really taken Zbrush through the paces yet because I’ve been lacking the keys, Shift, Ctrl, Alt. So I’m not really sure on the polycounts yet as I got distracted with trying to get ArtDock and the QToolbar to work with this thing.
ArtDock doesn’t work as it’s suppose to. I’m not sure why, it just doesn’t. You can try and tap the icon for Photoshop and Zbrush, but it doesn’t activate.
Needless to say, pretty darn frustrating and this is the reason I’m thinking of looking for a smaller keyboard.
QToolbar is just too long, and with this tablet, it needs to be consolidated to just the keys needed like Shift and all that jazz.

Edit Here
I’ll dump a high poly character in the scene later and see how it performs.

Let me tell you about Wacom really quick. Out of the box, the Asus VivoTab Note 8 doesn’t have pressure sensitivity support with Zbrush or Sculptris. But with the new driver that was release, it now has the pressure sensitivity.
Also with the Surface Pro Pen, it feels good and responsive.
http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

I still want to use this device for strictly Zbrush, but I can’t see doing anything detailed until I get a keyboard.
Lately I’ve been using SketchBook Pro instead and it’s awesome, so I’ve been doing more 2D work with the Device than 3D.

TLDR = Bottom line, you need a keyboard.

Thank you for the quick reply,

I had assumed that a small keyboard was going to needed with this device. Looking forward to your future post.

i have net 4.5 or higher,toolbar launches but it ask me if zbrush running everytime i click a brush OR somethin

Awesome!. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for a great tool… When i run the exe tool. it opens the toolbar but its sat to the bott left and i cant move it its locked.
i need to move it around. Also half my document window was missing when the Qtool was open. i doubled my size
then it fixed the issue. but i cant seem to move it and the very left of the menu is cut out of my view.
im on win 8 64 with all the latest ver ov everything. my monitor is 1280 x 1024. Ok so i changed the rez and was finally
able to see the drag menu so i could place it. sad thing is only half the buttons work. non of the brushes work.
weather i open z first or your tool. its very cool. i think im using ver p2 r47. maybe this is why maybe i need p3?
id love to get this working. very very cool. do you think there is anyway i could just use the image viewer button.
do you kow of a plugin or script that will let me just have the image viewer button ?

I downloaded it. Looks cool.

Great idea. I’ve been looking for something like this. Hopefully this can become more customizable