ZBrushCentral

Poser, models, props, oh my...

Don’t tell anyone I said this - but - I’m having such a hard time with multimarkers that I started assembling things in Poser because it is so easy and models exported from Poser open right up no problemo in ZBrush.olafdf - is right. uncheck the other stuff.

Blaine, youre right to use an alternative for the multimarkers. I hate them too.
What we need in ZB is the option to load more as one model into a scene, where we can join them into one model with several groups. A button ‘Drop to canvas’ can speedup ZB when there are too much models imported.
NO MORE MULTIMARKERS :smiley:

This came up on the Vue forum too, “what fuctionality should Vue incorperate into the software” and it brings something up that I believe is the answer to this…interconnectivity of the software.(improving the workflow) Not a new topic really but maybe we should encourage this approach. One of the best things about ZBrush is how lean and mean it is, another is how incredibly generous pixologic is with upgrades and addons, much more than all the others combined. Poser is one way to avoid multimarkers, I have Shade8 and although I haven’t learnt it yet I’ll bet it would work very well too in the ZBrush workflow. For instance it seems to me a good starting mesh for a head or body is quite often made in other software, some use Zspheres but quite often it’s other software. This connection between software is improving all the time for instance you can import PZ3(poser) files into Vue, and OBJ files are the universal file type now. A lot of programs, ZBrush included are connecting to Photoshop for editing bitmaps, and I think this is the way to go with all the programs rather than building all the functions into one overbloated software. By the way thanks for sharing those hilarious pictures in this thread, and I agree one tool won’t do the job no matter what your point of view…rog :rolleyes:

Aminuts : Thanks for the links, however they still did not help to resolve the issue of the split model.

olafdfI: made sure that weld was on in Poser before exporting, but it still leaves splits in the model which ZB shows up when you divide the model. Thanks all the same.

TrapDoor

Just to clarify, the spliting only happens with the models that I create in ZB export to Poser, pose, export from Poser (with weld on), then import into ZB. As soon as you divide the mesh starts to split.

Thanks,

Trapdoor

TrapDoor - Thanks for clarifying! I’ve actually never imported anything into Poser to rig and pose it. Maybe I’ll try that, then. Or, if you give some more details on how you did it, someone more enlightened than I might be able to help you.

Forgot to thank you too Aminuts for the info on importing and selecting polygroups, haven’t figured it out yet though, I’ve got to work harder on leaning ZBrush …rog

oh…ok

they are splitting because the groups are still separate pieces. use these settings…

in zb first choose the polymesh tool (star shaped one) then go to tool>import menu

there set weld to on, tri2quad somewhere between 35-45, and turn weld to .01

this should resolve the problem.

or the alternative is to import like you do now and go to tool>geometry and hit the crease button. this will crease the edges and keep them from shrinking when you subd.