ZBrushCentral

Polaroid29's Sketchbook Of Sorts

Hey this is looking great. I like the green color a lot. How will you add the head to the body. I think you can lower head and body to lowest sub-d level but how will you join the two?

Hey Darpharmer thanks man :slight_smile: i’m thinking about if I want to make him a total different species, or just a weird man-servant humanoid character.

@paintguy I’m going to cheat a little haha he is going to have on a suit with a long coat tail, so his entire torso and most of his neck will be covered, and since it’s just for a still illustration I wont have to worry about it too much :slight_smile: thanks for your compliment, I appreciate it.

Long time no post! I started working a little more on this guy, but have been too busy and lacking of skill lately :(. Fleshing out proportions more and seeing if I like it.

ServantBodySheetTest.jpgPerspThumbnail.jpg

My concept of him:

ServConcept.jpg

Finished more of the body. I think I’m satisfied with his proportions finally. Just have to get the clothes looking better. They’re hard :evil:. Hope you guys like it so far.

BodyTurnaroundTest.jpg

very impressive man. your texturing is improvingvery noticably! … the cloth has a very good …substance i guess is the word… to it… some folds will really complete it… keep it up

Thanks daph :slight_smile: something is still not sitting right with me about his clothes though. They just don’t look…good enough! I haven’t added in the wrinkles yet because I want to pose him in the final scene with The Queen first so the folds are accurate, but I was hoping the clothes would look better at this stage. Anyway, here is an update and I think as far as I can take him for now! Any comments or criticisms or advice would be much appreciated on how to better him before I put him in the scene.

TestRender.jpg

i love this sculpt!

very cool character. who tucks their vest into their belt?

@yfchild thank you!

@magbhitu thanks man :slight_smile: I can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that haha, I’ve been tweaking this character to look right for so long that too many little things have slipped by. I fixed his vest, and lowered the pelvis a little and I think he looks much better. Will post an update soon!

Quick dumb speed sculpt to stop worrying about a portfolio and just enjoying myself with the new R2 :). Lookin like a buff Abe Lincoln. Hope you guys enjoy

Just doing another character from my favorite film maker to get some stylized practice in. Did a Victoria render earlier, so I decided to do a Victor render too. Hope you like it so far :slight_smile: C&C very much appreciated.

Decided to go a completely different route this time haha. I’m not much of a sci-fi or mech fan, but I’ve been wanting to expand my Zskills and this turned out to actually be extremely fun to do. Just testing the waters so far, so much left to do still. Hope you guys like it so far :slight_smile: done 100% in Zbrush, no Maya base mesh, and just a really slight lighting fix in PS. Pixologic are doing a damn fine job :+1:

test2.jpg

Doing some more work :slight_smile: it’s quite fun trying to design something in a style I have absolutely no experience in.

Hey, I think I’ve seen your work on SA, how do you make your tubes indented like that!!!??

Yo! How’s it going man? The tubes were started with Zspheres, then I masked out the portions I wanted to keep, and inflated with a negative value for the indentations.

@polaroid:

I love the lioness but how about some sexy whiskers instead of the stubble she has now, Just a thought. :smiley:

@Chalkman hey thanks for the comment :). That’s a good suggestion, I’ll try to revisit her someday when I have a little free time to try to add in some fun whiskers to spruce her up.

Trying to make some progress on my Queen. Thanks for stopping by.

Test1.jpg

Hey, dude! You’ve got some really nice sculpts. And thanks for the little tut on the cloth texturing. I’m quite new to Zbrush and many thing are stilly blurry to me, especially texturing. :grimacing: I also would like to ask what tools did you use to make the lioness’ fluffy mane. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@HyperExc Hey thanks man. Her mane was done using fibers

Finished modeling her, now on to texturing.

FinishedModel_test.jpg