ZBrushCentral

Please help me with first sculpt. :)

turned out great man! sorry i missed you’re question earlier. what i would have said is, aren’t you using goZ.

Thanks magbhitu! I actually have no clue what goZ is… gonna check some videos on it!

Well finished with the detailing here are is the final model:

finalclose.jpg

Here is an image showing some of the detailing work:

Next step… polypainting!

goZ is a zbrush plugin that automates exporting and importing between applications like max and maya. the scale issues get sorted out. it’s a free plugin provided by pixologic.

Yeah, i saw a video of it. I wasnt using it before, but looks great when you need to alternate between zbrush and some other 3d app. love how it automaticly updates from one app to the other. Again, thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

I got the following critique from someone: “Second, widen the mouth. It looks too small and this guy should be able to deliver a twisted grin at a moment’s notice, so a larger, practically inhuman sized mouth would help.”

So i decided to widen the mouth a little…

Wanted to know what you guys think? Wider mouth or how it was before?

Hey Mikes, generally speaking the mouth corners line up roughly with the middle of the eyes so perhaps shorten them just a smidge.

As far as the nose… (I know its a monster) but usually its the size of an eye so maybe make it a tad smaller? Other than that not bad for a first sculpt. Keep going :wink:

Thanks magalhaes! Those are some great tips for human anatomy!
I stretched the nose out deliberatly to make it more of a demon type face, but i will try and shrink it a bit to see how it stays.
Thanks again for the input

a small test for facial expression…

mouth2.jpg

One question… is it possible to animate the face from the previous facial expression to this one?

you would need to have done the posing of the mouth with layers and you could set up a pretty decent 'animation" by adjusting the slider.

Hmm, i guess that is on the newer zbrush version… i still am using the 3.5 r3… thanks for the tip!

Anyway… i finished with the poly painting… Changed the mesh a little to make the horns stand out more as sugested above. Next step… polypaint the armor!

polypaint-close.jpg

polypaint.jpg

Looks great!

Ok just finished a weapon for him… wanted to give it a look that its been through a couple of wars…

sword.jpg

Ok… exciting update today!!!
All polypainting is finished… i am still gonna touch up some of the parts but the general idea is as it is now.
Hope you guys like it! This is the final stretch…Stay tuned… Next step some touchups with zaplink and posing!

Just something i’d like to point out… this is defanatly not the final lighting… just some quick setup i got… i promise the final will look better!

full front.jpg

full back.jpg

i must say it looks great. can’t wait for the poses and renders. one little crit is that the tail feels like it starts a bit high up on the spine. most tails grow out of the terminus of the spine with the pelvis. probably save that idea of lowering for the next one since you’re so far along.

You are right magbhitu… i should have made the tail lower… but to change it now would take alot of work cause of the armor and polypaint… but it looks better when it posed. :slight_smile: Thanks for the sugestion!

Here is a quick pose and render test… all i did was put the arms down… curve the tail, bend the wings and turn his neck… this is not the final pose… i was doing some testing with transposing, it took a while to get the hang of it. Also… the sword is just hanging on his back…

demon.jpg

I want to make something more epic on the final render!

that demon looks cool,
really really nice sculpt:+1:
congratulations for mastering ZBrush Retopology on your first Sculpt without getting a stroke^^ :slight_smile:

thanks for the comment gwainbarek! :slight_smile:
Retopology isnt so bad, its just extremly tedious… especially if you doing an entire body. You have some nice hard surface sculpts. :slight_smile:

final_image_low.jpg

After alot of hard work here it is, my first zbrush sculpted project is finally finished!
Made in zbrush, composited in photoshop. Did some touchups in 3ds max.
This image is the result of my journey on learning zbrush, i went from 0 to this from september till now. Really happy with the results and learnt so much with the process. Now i can finally say i know zbrush
Thank you to everyone who watched the progress on this thread, i had a great time posting this wip!

Just a heads up that i converted my model to gamerez character. Even so it says 55 344 polys on the top left, its much less, cause it is counting with some hidden geometry i forgot to delete. He is actually at 7548 polys (body + armor). I learnt so much making this, it was an awsome learning experience! :slight_smile:

demon (2).jpg

demon (3).jpg

demon (4).jpg

demon (5).jpg

Fantastic mate, really wonderful job on your work:+1:
and it it really is amazing to see how much you have learned like you said in your post!
Really very inspiring hearing that and seeing your great result, totally love the render and the character!:+1:
The hard work did really pay off big time buddy, congratulation to that !
Looking forward seeing more from you!
Best regards and happy sculpting

• Kenny:)