ZBrushCentral

••• Pixologic User Group meeting - January 10th, 2005 •••

hope, you guys will record, film, interview, photograph, sketch, draw it and share it we us who don’t live in this city :slight_smile:

Would it be possible for an official word on whether b there will be someone recording it for the Pixolator site &/or BitTorrent distribution; or b whether someone else could do the recording & initial distribution.

I am sure some of us at least would be willing to spare a few coin to see it & some demos by the “living legends”… And will there be a demo of the new features inn the upcoming release?

b if it were possible to give such a word, that word would probably have long since been given.

b won’t know until someone risks getting their camera confiscated. :wink:

Great…for lucky people…
I vote for Rome for next year :smiley:

cameyo

Looks great. Congratulations for the event.

Kris

Am I the only one checking back every five minutes to see if reservations are open yet? :o

Aaron,
Nope.
~Angst…

Glad to hear it.

it’s open now, though!

'Woo Hoo!!"
-Homer Simpson

Hey, Aaron, I have a question regarding a post you made a while ago about tablet PCs and drawing upon them. Got a second?
Thanks,
~Angst… (Art)

I’ve got several seconds! I do prefer dealing with the forums rather than e-mail, though. Got a link to the original message? (if you reply there, it should notify me, as well as bringing in others who might have different views than myself. Debate being good and all, this seems like the way to go!)

Actually, I just searched back through the archives and couldn’t locate it. You mentioned that you had drawn upon a Tablet PC but that the results were not always the best. (Something about a screen to stylus lag).
I am interested in GETTING a tablet PC just FOR artwork creation (Zbrush, PhotoShop, etc.) and was wondering if you might share some further thoughts (pen sensitivity, other problems, whether I should disregard it ALTOGETHER, etc.)
If you remember the proper thread, I’ll be most happy to continue this there and delete the last several posts here (to keep continuity going, and all).
Thanks,
~A…

Bring it to the UK & I’m there…2 weeks notice over the Christmas period isn’t really ideal :rolleyes: :wink:

Other side of the country and I’m already traveling 2 weekends later for a convention so making it now is financially not possible. Sounds like an unbelievable lineup though. Hate that I’m gonna miss it.

My passport is out to date and it’s too late to have new one:(
What about visa? It is necessary two?

For the next meeting:you can stay in USA :);),but tell us a couple of month before.

Damn,it’s too late for me to be with you :frowning: ;(

In a land far far away … :smiley:

I sure hope this will be recorded and made publicly available.
And i hope there will be a similar meeting in Europe some time.

Wish all attendants a good time!

And i hope there will be a similar meeting in Europe some time.

i was thinking the exact same thing :slight_smile:

There were two or three, I thought. But this is the one you’re after.

Check through it; not much has changed since we had that discussion. There’s one new model getting some attention for it’s blazing fast 1.3 Ghz processor*, but the same concerns still apply.

*(that’s in PC terms, not Mac, so I was being sarcastic. if this is your primary graphics platform, be sure your applications of choice don’t require a whole lot of processing power. And remember that the software will continue to receive updates, while this pretty mush starts off maxed below standard)

Alias Sketchbook Pro was designed around the platform. No hotkeys, no tiny interface elements… Download a trial, see how you like it, 'cause that’s your fallback position if Painter and Photoshop don’t work out for you. And read the testimonials in that link – the Tablet PC itself obviously plays into their reviews.

Don’t forget though that this 1.3GHz processor is a Pentium M and is roughly comparable to a normal 2.4GHz pentium 4 processor. Pentium M’s are fantastic CPU’s.

I’m flying in from Chicago for this. I know everything starts at 5pm, but when’s the event over?

Ideally, i’d like to go to san francisco and get back to Chicago without having to stay at a hotel, so I need to figure out about what time to choose my return flight to Chicago for.

I know i’ll try to get there early and i’ll be staying around for an hour or two after everything is over talking to other users, so i’ll need to factor that in when choosing the time for my flight there and flight back.

That may be. And ZBrush’s speed is entirely processor based, so you won’t be hurting for better video support like you would on other 3D apps.

I’m desperate to upgrade my 3GHz pentium 4, though. And the gig of RAM in my system is starting to be a bottleneck. So, I kind of feel like we’ve got another year or two before the Tablet PC hardware is a viable investment for what we all do here.

I’m sure one of you will prove me wrong on that in a big way, though. If you’re clever about resource management, you’ll probably do fine.