ZBrushCentral

PIXOLOGIC at SIGGRAPH 2008

Thx man!
I hope it will give people the motivation to do architectural stuffs!

thax alot gabo1991 !
thanx alot Sebcesoir for sharing your techniques ! its really cool !

eh Seb this is some powerfull stuff!!! thanks a lot for the tutorial :)!

Thank you very much for the videos.:smiley:

the video kicks ass… i didnt even know projection master was that powerful. and i thank you for showing me other wise.

ye projection master remains avery powerful feature even with all the brushes alphas etc one thing i love is deco brush eg for sculpting and loads of other things too exclusively in projection master :wink:

Great video.

I could not really tell the exact method in the original thread. This was very informative.

Keep those vids coming!!

In those videos how do you handle the fact that the models are extrmely stretched on the sides?
Seems like a great technique with a huge flaw. I hope i am wrong.

Attachments

Stretched.jpg

Are you guys planning on posting more tutorial vids from Siggraph? The one you posted of Sebastien using Projection Master was really awesome and had lots of unique tips.

Paul

Yeah, all the presentations that I caught on day 1 were great, but Seb’s definitely stood out because it was all demo. Thx to Pixologic for posting, hope its the first of many more to come :smiley:

Another great part was watching different artists (for ex. Seb and Pixolator) comparing notes, exchanging ideas and techniques in between the presentations. Very cool.

Sebastien tutorial was great! thanks for sharing

trop fort.

:+1:

This is a really great tutorial, I love the simplicity and the artist doesn’t go on for hours trying to impress you, but get to the point on the use of all the tools…

Hope to see more of these soon!

Keep it up Pixologic

Ziggy

Big pixels, the polygons streching is not a flaw, just just the way projection master works, Theres no way to fix that ;]

Thank you very much. To me that is a huge flaw and makes the technique almost useless in this type of application. Very disapointing.

Hello Mix Mash

There will be another video from SIGGRAPH soon. If you also check out the MAC page the videos on there were from the SIGGRAPH guest artists and it shows some tecnhics as well.

Paul

Thanks guys for the comments.

Regarding the strecthings, its sure that the deeper effects you want yto have, the more you risk to have artefacts on the side.

The things it was just a practical exercise to show how far you can go with projection master.

Its not a flow, its just due to the direction I choose to do everything from a cube.

If you really want to do clean outlines, you have the choice to make higher subdivided model, or cleaner, in your base mesh, to build basic frames, and do only the detailing in Zbrush.

Your not obliged to do everything in projection master.

Big Pixels: Sebastien has already answered your doubts but I just wanted to add that IMHO you can view any technique as useless if you insist to do so. It only takes very little planning and the stretching can be avoided… One cannot expect every tutorial to be literal and applicable in only the way presented…
Personally I have to admit it’s a great technique and a very useful one at that.

Nice vids seb:+1:

great vids man, screw the stretching lololol. it still kick ass…

yes it would not be difficult to either do retopology or even use a new cube with geometry heavier in those areas and use projection, then just clean it up or add more detail withing PM.
Love these tuts Seb:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: