ZBrushCentral

Photorealistic digital 3D portrait of Ben Stiller

“Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?” —Derek Zoolander

Hello folks,

This is my first post here, a 3D portrait, likeness practice of Ben Stiller.

The model was sculpted in ZBrush.
Inside Maya I made a scene with 3D models and camera accompanied with Arnold lights and shaders.
I used Mari to setup xyz textures (https://texturing.xyz/products/displacement-male-face-30s-fullface-03) onto the Ben’s head. Beside using xyz textures, I also sculpted a level of tertiary details inside Zbrush HD Geo.
With Marvelous Designer I made his shirt that was painted and textured in Substance Painter.
I used both Xgen Description and Xgen Interactive for hairs.
Final render view was made in Arnold renderer.
The final render image was enhanced in Photoshop and Alien Exposure.
Head has 4 UDIMs, rest (eyes, shirt) each has only 1.

ZBrush, Maya, Mari, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, Xgen, Arnold, Photoshop and Alien Exposure. I hope I haven’t missed a thing. Hope You enjoy it!

Video of screen shots taken during WIP process

Examples of some of my previously made digital 3D portraits:

175 wip67filtercic_high_res

Examples of a few of my previously made full body digital 3D human characters:48 Galadriel33_1_2111111111111111111111

43 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

Awesome work @MatejGorup :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Super realistic render… looks like one of these nice portrait photos on cover page of a world-class magazine taken by serious photographers with a high-end camera :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Happy you like it! :smiley:

Cheers man! It was intended, @ogyo :slight_smile:

Outstanding! :+1: Love the second portrait as well.
Jaime

1 Like

Great Ben Stiller portrait-really cool portrait worx!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Jamie! The second portrait is my attempt to create portrait of Zeus and I am happy you like 'em, both Ben and Zeus :smiley:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Great work! I think I recall seeing that second portrait of the old guy posted somewhere previously… love the color and detail on that one. Every portrait looks better than the last tho, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Whoa, I just refreshed the page and caught a full on blast of “Blue Steel!” There should be a warning :rofl:

Great work! :+1:

1 Like

Glad you like the progress, @bradmyers82 ! I hope I will keep improving and get better :grin:

Hahah I am so sorry man! I tried to make images smaller, resizing them to 50% or so, but it worked only on Zeus’ portrait and not on the other images. I hope, if you have privilege as an admin, to check it out and help me change it, pretty please, I will be most grateful for your cooperation!

Your other work is great but Ben is a whole new level. True photorealism. Great job with the expression and asymmetry as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Great likeness! you nailed it!

1 Like

Thank you very much @ZMichael ! :smile:

Welcome to ZBC! Great body of work here, and way to pull me in with Ben Stiller as the first image lol!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am glad you liked it :smiley: :slight_smile:

1 Like