ZBrushCentral

Paul Gaboury WIPs

Hey Paul.
As I told when I saw this guy the day before last.
You made amazing progress with your sculpting.
Your anatomy has improved 10 fold.
If you continue at this rate you’ll be dancing circles around me in no time ^___-
But seriously there’s allot of very subtle forms and structure going on that most will miss.
Once you get into detailing allot of the foundation you’ve laid will come to life.
Really good man, keep going!
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey
<input id=“gwProxy” type=“hidden”><!–Session data–><input onclick=“jsCall();” id=“jsProxy” type=“hidden”>

double post

<input id=“gwProxy” type=“hidden”><!–Session data–><input onclick=“jsCall();” id=“jsProxy” type=“hidden”><input id=“gwProxy” type=“hidden”><!–Session data–><input onclick=“jsCall();” id=“jsProxy” type=“hidden”>

Paul, that’s a very nice sculpt! Anatomy /posture’s looking and good I love the sculpting/detailing that you have done on the gloves, trousers and shoes; those elements are great sculpts in their own right! Lookin’ forward to seeing pics of the print! :+1:

Ok so it’s been a long time since I posted anything so I thought I would start sharing some items I’ve been working on. Still have several ideas but as always, not sure I’ll be able to finish them off.

Let’s start with the grasshopper. I thought of an idea. What if I took any animal or insect and turned it into a MECH. Here was my first idea, THE GRASSHOPPER. I wanted to put him in a scene where there are several grasshoppers in a race.

I first painted him with the typical green color and then thought, what would he look like red.

Everything was modeled in ZBrush about a year and half ago. Rendered in Keyshot.

Starting to print him out today.

GrasshopperFinal.36.jpg

PaulGaboury-portfolio-580x500.jpg

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Here are some quick ZBrush renders of the grasshopper.

Pretty cool Paul :+1:

Love the whole idea of mechanical insects. I’m sure some touches of drones + mech insects will work their way into the future!

Great design Paul. I really enjoy your hard surface modeling in Zbrush. Thanks for sharing with us your broad knowledge and expertise in Zbrush.

Great looking bush cricket , an amazing droid insect, love it :slight_smile:

the mechanical grasshopper is Awesome!! Love it

hahah… great looking hopper, paul.

-r

I love the mech work Paul, your hard surface modeling makes me drool :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for all the kind comments. I’ve been working on a Gundam for my class. I’m pretty much done with the modeling. I started off the piece with Dynamesh and then work on using the Topology brush, ZSphere retopo and primitives to get my basemeshes.

After that everything was ZModeler.

Now I need to get going on the paint and decals. More to come soon.

Enjoy

Nice Gundam, Paul!

I’ve enjoyed seeing the uptick in clean, deliberate hardsurface design around these parts that has accompanied the release of ZModeler, as opposed to more kitbashy approaches. Not that there’s anything wrong with the latter, I’m just kind of old school and I get a kick out of that look. I also think your description of using dynamesh to work out form then using ZB’s existing tools to create low poly basemesh for modeling work is an intriguing reminder that ZModeler is at its most powerful when used in conjunction with all the stuff you already know in Zbrush. I’d love to see a demo of just that aspect of your project.

Can’t wait to see it finished !

Hello

I’ve been doing the March of Robots challenge that you can find out more about here, http://marchofrobots.com/home-2016/. Pretty much the goal is to create 1 robot a day and give myself only an hour to do it. I’m only using ZBrush and Keyshot.

Enjoy.

Robot#1 Delivery ManBot

bot1.jpg

Robot #2 Kick’inBot

untitled.8.jpg

Robot #3 RetroBot

untitled.9.jpg

Robot #4 DogBot

untitled.13.jpg

Robot #5 TallBot

untitled.15.jpg

Robot #6 SpeedBot

untitled.18.jpg

More 1 hour robots for March Of Robots.

Robot #7 GorillaBot

untitled.20.jpg

Robot #8 SkyBot

untitled.22.jpg

Robot #9 ConstructionBot

robotV09.24.jpg

Robot #10 ArmyBot (I’m actually completing this one. Stay tuned for more images of him.)

robotV10.26.jpg

Robot #11 ServerBot
robotV11.30.jpg

Robot #12 BabyBot

robotV12.31.jpg

More March of Robots 1 hour robots.

Robot #13 StreetLightBot

Robot #14 BowlingBot

robotV14.33.jpg

Great stuff, Paul. What fun!

Hi Paul (again, it was great meeting you at CTN a couple of years ago). You know I really like your work. Everything you just put up is ‘ACE’. I really like your ‘Robot #12 BabyBot’, man, that surface is beautiful.

Robot #15 ClownBot.

Thanks for looking Marcus and Dragon.