ZBrushCentral

PaintStop - Information, Installation & FAQ

The answer for me was not the repeated re-installs. It was deleteing the paintstop.zsc and data folder from the ZBrush 4.0/ZData/Zplugs folder.

Making sure it was only in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.

The ZData/ZPlugs folder should not be modified. Downloaded plugins should always be installed in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.

Marcus things have been settling down sense the ZBrush 4 release and I was wondering if you are planing any goodies for PaintStop;)

I can’t increase or decrease my draw size in Paintshop within Zbrush 4r2. I move the slider and the numbers change but, the draw size doesn’t reflect with the pen… Its like it is stuck in one size. Is anyone having an issue… Any work around out there let me know.

Thanks…

Hi,

This is a known issue with ZBrush 4R2. The Draw Size adjustment will work if you first load the Polymesh3D star tool and enter Edit mode, then turn off Edit and clear the screen. (Do this before entering PaintStop.)

You can get ZBrush to do this automatically if you follow the instructions here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161946-ZBrush-4-R2-Mac-2.5D-Brush-Draw-Size-Adjustment-Not-Functioning-Answered

HTH,

Hello Marcus,

Much appreciation, it works. Now, I don’t have to go back into ZBrush 4.0 anymore. LOL
I’m now a happy camper 4 sho. :slight_smile:

Hello
I just launched PaintStop for the first time in a while. The brush size appears to be stuck at some default large size. Is this a known issue? If so is there a fix? I’m on a mac using all the latest updates of OS/App/Plugin.
Edit - And a Wacom Intuos 3
Thanks
Sav

Sav,

The answer is two posts above yours.

rolilli.

Well that is not embarrassing in the slightest. :smiley: Thanks Rolilli.

One of my fav apps. Is it working in 4r2b? Am I doing something wrong?

Works fine for me. What problem are you having?

Thanks for the reply Marcus. It has been so long since I have used ZB. I have forgoten so much. Glad to see you are still here.

Anyway I am now able to use it.Thanks

Hi everybody

Paint Stop 4,08 Doesn’t Work with ZB 4.R3 on Mac
I have a Mac Pro 64 bit - OS 10,6x

“unable to open file …/4R3/ZStartup/Zplugs/PaintStop_4_08Mac”
“Zcript skipped fue to error in its content : PaintStop_4_08Mac”

Is there any new version in the boxes ?

Hi inflow,

For a small number of users on Mac OSX the upgrade seems to result in a corrupt plugin file. Could you please try re-installing just PaintStop after downloading the 4R2 version from the Download Center? This should solve the problem:

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/

1. Locate and delete the PaintStop_4_08Mac.ZSC file in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
  2. Locate and delete the PaintStopData4 folder in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
  3. Download the ZBrush 4R2 Mac version of PaintStop from the Download Center.
  4. Unzip to your Desktop.
  5. Open the containing folder and move the PaintStop_4_08Mac.ZSC file and PaintStopData4 folder to the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
  6. Restart ZBrush.

Great !
I have done it and it’s ok !

Thank a lot Marcus
Cheers from Tahiti :slight_smile:

Great. :slight_smile: And I think we should have a ZBrush User Group meeting where you live! :wink:

Hey Marcus!

Could you please make it clear for me, i am using Windows version of Painstop and it recently began to ‘glitch’.
It just doesn’t save any Zpaintings after the canvas was merged with tracing image.
Any ideas?

OS is Windows 7 7601 SP1.

Thank you, Marcus )

Hi TeckZ,

Just to confirm, you are using ZBrush 4R3? I have not come across this problem before. If you can tell me the exact steps you are doing I will look into the problem.

Thanks,

Thanks for response, Marcus!

After first save in Paintstop, after hours of drawing im clicking Save and it’s saving (as if saving), in the top bar we see Writing Layers progress bar and pop-up that’s saying Saving, but only for a moment, not as it should cause the resolution im using is 3500x2500. It usually takes 15 seconds to save ‘normally/properly’.

Paintstop just doesn’t save projects (

And yes, it’s Z4R3 on Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit.

I have already downloaded and installed the new plugin from Download Center.

Help )

OK, thanks, I think I know what may be happening but I need to take a look at the code. In the meantime, instead of pressing the ‘Save’ button, use the ‘Save As’ option instead. This will ensure that the file is saved properly.