ZBrushCentral

Olivia Wilde WIP

when it come to likeness, at some point of the sculpt, i make break and start to studies the error by super posing my render to a photo. it’s easy to do marking in photoshop to make note then to come back to the sculpt. I made a gif to prove my point (be carefull there is still a lot of things wrong with my paint over but it’s an exemple )
olivia-wilde-300.gif

Okay, Thank you!
I get into it!

Hi!
Any thoughts on the face now?
Just for now i don´t want to break the symmetry.
ESCULTURA 598.JPG
ESCULTURA 597.JPG
ESCULTURA 596.JPG

This is getting better, her eyes are pretty well formed :slight_smile: There are still shape that could be improve as the back of the skull and her nose. her ears might also need to be check wher it join the skull. overall the form are cleaner than before which is nice

Hi!
I have continued workinng on the face , specially in the nose and mouth.
Any thoughts?

ESCULTURA 601.JPG
ESCULTURA 603.jpg
ESCULTURA 602.jpg

I think you’ve made some outstanding progress!

When I look at the side profile and compare it to a photograph, it looks like the lower lip could be a bit fuller. It looks like the tip of the nose could be built up and refined a little too. One other thing that catches my eye… is her eye. To me it looks a little flat in the profile view. Comparing it to a profile picture, it looks like the outer canthus/corner could be brought a little further back.

I think the project is moving right along in the full face view, and I’m cheering you on! I’m seeing Olivia in the sculpt and I don’t want to “lose” her in posing in a 3/4 or 2/3 facial view. Keep going! :slight_smile:

Hi!
Working on it this was my reference: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131108214310/lucerne/images/c/cc/Olivia_Wilde.jpg
Feedback is always welocmed!
ESCULTURA 609.JPG
ESCULTURA 612.jpg
ESCULTURA 611.jpg

It seems her jaw is a little to wide or her neck is too slim. But I can tell it’s Olivia Wilde, well done. (:

nice progress Hugo,
If I could, maybe I would add little bit thickness to lips, refine extremitys of mouth,
less distance beetwen noze and mouth, refine eyes shapes

One thing I’ d try to change is forehead. especialy in side view. I don’ t find side view reference
but maybe it is less round, especially near eyes & eyes brows.

About eye brows maybe I would remove those you made (fibermesh ?), eyelashes too,
because maybe it does not help a lot, I don’ t know.

About ears, I would try to focus especialy on them . Meaning watching how others sculpt ears,
or model them, all that can help to define how is build ears, and how you can made them. I assume
it is not the simpliest part but maybe it can add something to your creation.

Anyway,
good evolution, smoother, nicer, you are in the right path I think !

ps: I suppose you have better and larger photo ref., if not, here is a link where you can find: link O.Wilde photo ref.

You’re getting there fore sure. It is recognisable as her. Biggest thing I can see (without overlaying an image of her - which I recommend you do if you haven’t already done it) is that width of her head and her jaw is the wrong way round. She does have a very prominent jaw, but it is still not as wide as her head just above the ears. Where you have a gentle narrowing from jaw to top of the head, I would be aiming to reverse that. Without laying the reference over, I don’t know if you need to narrow the jaw, or widen the head.

These last few passes have improved greatly. I still feel her eyes need to be separate objects. I just can’t shake the feeling it’s all one piece.

Hi
I have refined the overall shape.
The ears will be covered entirely with hair so i am not going to spend much time on it.
To Frigid :
Actually there are separeted objects.
Thank you for the great feedback!
Any thoughts now?

ESCULTURA 618.JPG
ESCULTURA 620.jpg
ESCULTURA 619.jpg

You’re definitely getting there. Looking better and better. However, I think I’ve realized the problem with the eyes. They seem flat. Almost as if they are part of the skin. Are the eye balls actually spheres, or did you flatten them some? Either way, they seem “flat” for some reason. Your progress has greatly increased since that first post.

There are spheres , but maybe there are a little big i will check it out thank you!
ESCULTURA 621.jpg
ESCULTURA 622.jpg

you are no missing the overall shape. your missing the tissue under the actual skin, the fat the muscles, your sculpt looks like she doesn’t eat. if that helps. no mass no volume.

Hi!
I have done some texturing and sculpting.
Any thoughts?
ESCULTURA 629.JPG
ESCULTURA 632.jpg
ESCULTURA 631.jpg

just a few part i would double check if i were you :
ESCULTURA 629.JPG

there is really some work to do around the mouth, to give the lips a correct shape. Right now it just seem pinched

Google image search for a photo of Olivia, this one is pretty close to a straight front picture. I lined up the eyes and you can see where everything else falls. Even if her head and ears are going to be covered with hair, you need to have the shape and size right so that the hair looks like it is sitting on top of her head correctly.

olivia wilde overlay.jpg
olivia wilde ref.jpg

Much as I hate to say it, I think you need to start again. To me, the head shape looks wrong and makes it look like you rushed intohigh subdivisions way early.

almost there
try masking her eyes, nose and mouth. then reshape her cheeks and rest of face skull to match the reference, realign eyes to the new face and see if get better to you.

the likeness to her face is strong, some more work you will reach in the results you want