ZBrushCentral

Nichollya's Sketchbook

Been super busy lately, but here is a bust that I did recently. I think Toothy is an appropriate name:

Very cool. I dig it and dig the name lol. Keep at it!

Clintus: Thanks man. Will do.

Here a rather sullen looking Ogre, I think I will play around a bit more with this guy, I like where the proportions are taking me.

Really great work on your sketchbook!
nice head busts, keep it going!
My favourite is the creature sculpt, nice work!
Looking forward seeing more from you!
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

KC: Thanks for the encouragement, the creature figure is still on my to do list.

I finished the sullen Ogre guy, I still have to figure out how to do realistic eyes. Really had fun doing this guy.The shader is gw_hulk, I thinks its in the matcap repository, works a treat, many thanks to whoever posted it.
Fab_02_s.jpgFab_01_s.jpgFab_03_s.jpg

Attachments

Fab_02.jpg

Fab_03.jpg

Fab_01.jpg

Very cool busts, they kinda have a sculpted clay feel to them (which I find good).

Greetings folks, I took a break from this model to come at it with “fresh eyes”, I’ve corrected any flaws and tweaks that I could spot, but would really appreciate some critiques on anatomy and form. Be as brutal as you want, I would like to improve :D…

MightyReG: Thanks for the compliment, I use the clay tubes and rake brushes alot and then smooth the surface out. Once again I got the matcap from a page on the forum called L1_Clay, I downloaded it from the sketchbook of an amazing artist called Luckie.

Thanks, I’ll definitively search for that artist (and that matcap ;))!

As for you last sculpt, I’ll tell you what parts seems strange to me:

• The butt seem small compared to the size of your guy
  • The parts of the legs under the butt (don’t remember the name in english) seems a bit flat
  • It would be great to see the same muscles definition on the top of your forearms as the rest of your guy (you know, with the fingers and thumb muscles that come from under the ridge muscle)

The rest looks good to me! Nice job:+1:

Thanks for the crits MightyReg, appreciate and agree with them, I will post an update on the anatomy study soon.

I was watching Star Trek - Voyager and was inspired by one of the alien species they encounter. Here is the result. Once again any crits or comments welcome:

looks like fun, i would drop this down to the lowest subdivision level and play with the silhouette in front and side view. this is a great start, reducing the detail level will help you concentrate on just the form. gook luck.

Thanks threetails, good advice. I dialled the subs down and enhanced the cheek bones and eye area, also made the wrinkles/folds less puffy.

Added a detail pass. Once again any comments and crits appreciated.

I like the nose and the mounth, nice job

Just added a priestly cowl.

Phew, been a while since I had time to sculpt something.

This is my attempt at a more cartoony/simplified character. He is supposed to be a type of dwarf-like creature. Not that pleased with it at the moment, it’s a bit humorless. I will play with the proportions and see what comes out. As usual any crits appreciated:

Very cool, I immediately recognized the scott spencer face…nice to see anatomy studies and aliens, I like that you have a consistency to your renders (same matcaps etc) looking forward to more

d100763: Indeed, learned such a lot from his book. Thanks for the comments, appreciate it.

This is just a little doodle for fun:

Hey Nichollya, just wanted to stop by your thread (you always take the time and post something on mine). I like the stuff you got here, especially the creature in the hoodie. Some interesting assets. However, I think you can probably push a bit more of a naturalistic anatomy look on the small one to make him even better. Alright Nichollya, take care man and keep it up.

I dig the idea of the blue guy, but I think you should go a little further with the design/masses/anatomy before adding alphas to him…

best regards,

Fabio: Thanks for the crit, I will try.

Aurfax: Thank you for the feedback. I agree, I think a more naturalistic look would benefit my sculpts alot.