ZBrushCentral

NEWBIE CHALLENGE #5 Lids + Adding Eyes

.avi format?? what supports that format?? please help me thanks!

Almost all movie players support .avi. There are hundreds of free movie players available on the net if you don’t have a suitable one on your machine.

i don’t know what i’m doing wrong. . . .windows media player wont play it, quicktime 7 won’t play it . . any suggestions?

Dunno … I just downloaded the zip (should be 8.68Mb) and played the avi without problems. My WM Player is version 8. My best guess is that you don’t have the latest DivX codec on your machine.

probably, i’ll try to update my media player. . .

Hi Moochie,

Is it possible that you re-host the LIDZ.ZIP quicktime movie, as I was interested in seeing such.

Thanks

Sure http://www.pantsofpower.com/LIDZ.zip

But ZB3 will make this sort of technique unnecessary, with the new sub-tools.

There is a little detail I’d like to add. You can see Moochie smoothing the mesh in the end (blue ring cursor). The intensity is very high and we can see him struggling with the introduced distortions. The regular Zintensity slider does not work then, it only affects the draw intensity at that point. To make it work, open the transform tab, set the brush to SMOOTH, THEN and only THEN the intensity slider shows the values for the smoothing brush. I usually set it to 15-25 and the result is more manageable than the poly ripping 100%. Then set the brush back to the regular setting and model/smooth away happily. That is a very difficult to find little funktion/workflow. You either stumble across it or you never find that out. Many people HATE the smoothing brush because they do not know how to control it.
Lemo

PS:If the movie does not play, then you need a DIVX player.

Thanks Lemo … yeah, I didn’t learn that until some months after I made that vid. Oh, the shame of it. :o Heh heh.

Yeah, it’s those little idiosyncrasies which contribute to the common perception that ZBrush has a hard to learn user interface. It would be expected that the intensity slider changes to the smoothing intensity once the function is selected, but it does not. It seems that this design flaw made it through at that time.
Now it’s a good conversation piece haha. Let’s see how V3 is dealing with that. I’ll lock myself in once I can get my hands on it.
Lemo

Took me forever to stumble across that as you said. Thats a real good argument for a traditional manual. I hope.

I just popped in when I saw Moochies thread come up. I’m a Moochie Dropout :rolleyes:
Made the eyes never made the eyelids. I’m claiming AADD and I’m sticking to it.

Yeah, me too. But as soon as I’ve got my copy of ZB3 and started to learn the new tools, the Newbie Challenge will return!