ZBrushCentral

New Script: Material Baker v1 (Lighting, Shading, Wireframe baker)

At the end of the script it tells you to do something…hahaha I just forgot what it is…something about going to texture and using grabfill or something like that…if you don’t do that you won’t see your newly created baked texture.

I’m sorry I forget what it tells ya…but if you pay attention to that last little window when its done…you will get your texture.

hi, but it seems this link doesen’t work for me , I’m in china, anyone got another link?:slight_smile: Thanks

CJM,

I’ve tried your script with good success except I can’t get it to make a texture other that 512x512. Whatever I make the document size, set the new texture creation parameters to, have as a selected texture, or set as image size in your script, when I start the script it says a new texture has been created and it’s always this size. I would like to use your texture baking script to make a texture of 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 and then resize/manipulate it outside Zbrush. Anyway the 512x512 texture is something I can resize larger and start fixing, but what detail am I missing to make a larger texture in Material Baker?

Lovecrafty,

I’ll answer for Dave since I’m not sure how often he looks in here…

You can set the texture size by editing the Material_Baker.txt file.

Just look for the line at the beginning of the script that says:

[VarDef, textureSize][VarSet, textureSize, 512], and change the 512 value to whatever you want it to be.

(I haven’t actually tried this, but it only makes sense that this is the controlling variable :slight_smile: )

Sven

Hey thanks Svengali!

I’d tried changing just about every “512” to a “2048” in both that and the user interface text file to no avail, but going back to the original files and chaging just that ?default variable? I get what I want. I guess the texture size selector is broken in the script? Oh well, a working solution is now documented!

:slight_smile:

I had this problem when trying it…

Attachments

test.jpg

Jason, do you remember what you had set when you got that…I had gotten it myself a while back when I first tried it and somehow fixed it or figured it out but I can’t remember now what I did…maybe if ya posted…what ya did leading up to it…and if best render or preview etc…will jog my memory and maybe I could get lucky and actually help someone hahaa.

Will run specific tests - but I believe I was following the instructions step-by-step!

Later Amigo!

TTTAAADDAAAA!!!

OK

1. run this script - material_baker_interface.txt, when you hit start I get that error.

2. run this script - material_baker.txt, this seems to work.

Doesn’t matter the model, material, etc., even if it’s the first and only script.

Ideas??

I never ran the interface one cuz I assumed it was a script called by the first one to perform certain routines. Looking at the files in a text editor seems to confirm that but…

I will try to play with it today and see if I get the same results.

Hi all,

I’m sorry, I became very busy with school lately and I’ve been having to move to other sections of my project. I’ll try to take a better look into some of these issues as soon as I can.

Oh and yes, the zscript to run is material_baker.txt. material_baker_interface.txt is just a file inserted from material_baker.txt. I’m sorry if I failed to make that clear earlier (I probably should have placed material_baker_interface.txt into a sub-directory or named it with a different extension).

Don’t worry we figured it out! Everyone is always so helpful here. :smiley:

Hi!
First off, thank you for the cool script! It was exactly what I was waiting for!

I was wondering though if there’s any way to smooth out UV coordinates (as in render displacement/normal map)?
If you use the script to bake a detailed, subdivisoned high poly model to use as a texutre for the lowest detail level mesh, the texture generated will of course correspond to the low-poly UV layout, e.g. look very angular.

Any ideas for a workaround?

This script is great, but sometimes it refuses to render best
even though I’ve set it to best render…

Anyone have this problem? more specifically I just got this error

Interface item cannot be found

Material : FlatColor in... [IPress, Material:Flatcolor] I dont have Material flat colour applied, Ive tried a bunch of differnet materials.. This is weird because I had it working last night.

its as if my flat colour material has been corrupted…
reinstalling

Ok reinstalling did nothing… I dont get the error anymore but it still wont render best…
4 hours of this now…

Finally fixed it…
I ended up editing both the script files so that anywhere there was a chance that best render was set to 0 i forced it to be set to 1.
To do this search for best and replace almost every 0 with a 1…

I also forced it to render at 2048 because the slider bar did nothing , it would always fall back to 512…
To do this just replace 512 with 2048…

Now it works beautifully. Thanks

oops I missed this one…

yes, sometimes a little editing of the script is necessary to achieve desired. I think gamemaster thru it together pretty quick for his needs and shared it so for all you future folks…if it’s not accomplishing what you need it to…

take a look at the script and change what ya need to.

Frenzyfol, since Gamemaster posted the source so to speak and you altered it, I am thinking it might be a good idea to upload your altered state, with info on what you changed…such as the canvas size…etc.

just that particulart .txt file…not all the others as folks would already have the other stuff…

this way maybe we can help each other make this a better script.

One of these days when I have some time, I plan on doing an improved version myself as I really do like this little utility.

Anyways, Thanks heaps for posting your findings…it will help future downloaders! Not many folks come back and offer their solutions for others so ya did a great thing!!!

I’ve been trying the material baker and also don’t get a single texture at the end.
Aminuts : I’ve looked for the message you mention but just get, baking complete.

I have also noticed that in the individual textures grabbed holes appear. Has anyone else seen this?

Any suggestions on baking the complete material/rgb to a single texture?

Cheers
El-d

hi el-d,

it’s been a while since I have had time to play with it. I will try to grab a minute this afternoon and see what happens and will alter the script for file size and best render too and try to upload it later today.

hi,

I believe another message pops up right after you click for the baking complete…if I remember right it sometimes goes by quick…almost as if you double clicked.

I’ll run it later and note what it tells ya do to because I can’t remember anymore:rolleyes: .

Was going to watch REALLLY carefully to spot this message…and now a day later for some reason , everytime I run the script it fails. It alters the render settings to fast , pausing until something is pressed and then the following pops up.

error.jpg

So, whats different? I rebooted my PC but other than that no changes have been made. Yetsreday it ran through creating the images from all angles but not the final image and now total failure.

Any ideas?

El-d

My guess is that you changed something to the original Zscript, or that you misplaced an important part of the Zscript, maybe they’re in different folders…
What I would recommend is to download the file again, hope it helps:D
good luck

I’ll try that but nothing changed, no file moves , no edits etc .That’s what really confused me.

Will redownload later and try again.

EL-d