ZBrushCentral

Nebular's Sketchbook

Ok, I redefined the snout trying to follow you. I studied the references under your tips and I must agree.
Should be more correct now, but I feel I’m not there yet.
pysk1.jpg
pysk2.jpg

Slightly smaller eyes and longer snout. Less overbite and the jaws have to be placed further backwards.

fj8e5la , good points. I will take care on it tommorow. Thank you!

abiko, Thank you, I appreciate it:+1:
I will do some test with fur tommorow or after tommorow.

Set the document to a 1024 pixel square. Fill it with a Polygon plane, subdivided to over a million polys. Draw slash brush strokes across this mesh, keeping within the document border; don’t sculpt to the edges. Grab the ZDepth data by pressing the Alpha/GrabDoc button. Now you can use the alpha to draw clumps of fur in flowing patterns across your dog mesh. Here’s an example image:-

SlashBrushFurAlpha.JPG

Thank you very much :)It is suprising how things obvious and easy are sometimes.I must be an ignorant;)Thanks again. another tthing I learn from you

Ok, I reshaped the dog - Neck is a little shorter and thiner. Snout is a bit rounder - I thought it was to stright before.
Changed a pose a bit, aded whiskers and some other details on snout.
I also did some tests with color and fur. Here’am at very experimental stage so it isn’t very precise.

I wan’t to consider the model finished (shape, proportions). So if there aren’t any problems I won’t comeback to it.

shape2.jpg
test.jpg

I’m considering to simulate the fur differently or just texture the model, without sculpting/simulating the fur.
The quick polypaint test isn’t so bad. What do you think? I ask for help, advices and critique :slight_smile:

The line down from the nose to the jaw is not straight. The jaws have to be placed further backwards. Using alphas sometimes looks better, sometimes looks worse. It depends on your model.

Ok, I changed the shape. Do you think it is right?
up.jpg

I’ve been busy with other things lately, but now I hope I will have more time for my personal stuff. Here are two sculpts - a male and female torso. I aimed them to be anatomically correct.As always all comments and critques are more than welcome.male_torso.jpgfemale_torso.jpg

Pretty funny idea with my the pitbull dog! I will keep an eye on your process nebular :slight_smile:
The anatomy study are a Great , but still some smaler areas with Problems!
While sculpting the body you should definently Take a reference of some amazing anatomy sculpts!
Will Post you a link when i get home with some refs!
Definently keep it going and have Fun sculpting!
Best regards,
Kenny :slight_smile:

Thank you KC. I always try to use references latelly. I collect them and that link would be very welcome:) Sorry for the delay but the more I sculpt, the less I show. Somehow I’m not happy with my results :wink: Two sculpts. Please give me your feelings.big_guy.jpglady_render.jpg
The lady was patterned on a existing sculpt in a Prague, but it wasn’t mentioned to be exact copy of it.

Attachments

Lady1.jpg

Here’s an exercise with a clothes -a hunging towel. I try to make such, and here is one for today.Feel free to post your comments and critiqe.recznik.jpg

I am in middle of many things going on, so it’s why I don’t update my sketchbook.
Here are two characters I’m curently working on. Both toon stylized, sharing them to keep this thread alive :wink:
dudek.jpg
girl.jpg

Please leave a comment :+1:

Painted out:
angel_girl.jpg

A preety much stylized character.
warder.jpgwarder_a.jpgwarder_b.jpg
Hand is a separate piece

i like the statue but there is quite alot of things wrong with it
ANATOMY
her fingers are way to small and thin
sholders are to pulled outwerd
he face hosnestly looks like you didnt put any effort into it
her ass is way to outwerd
cloth.
its ripple are not flowing right
im sorry for all the critisism but thats what i think. try puting more time into your work and study cloth it will do wonders but you look like you have devotion to sculpting. best have 20 good works with great anatomy then 40 with not good anatomy
good work keep it coming

It’s the reason why I post here, thank you for these words.

Some things were made on purpose, like butt - I thought it will be cool to have butt and a stomach poke out - and those small breasts. Made on purpose, preety much how I wanted them to look.

Some obviously were not made on purpose,

Things you pointed out really suck, I see it now. Thank you for it :+1:
I’ll try to improve.

Nice Work Nebular … keep growing :+1:

nice works nebular … expressive sculpts …
love to see more of your works

happy sculpting :+1:

Thank you for words of encouragement. Really meaningful :+1:

Here are three studies. Quick sculpts from mannequin - I tried to focus on the major forms, like in the “Distribution of the Masses” in Bridman’s Drawing From Life book. Hope it went preety well.

male_01.jpgfemale_01.jpgfemale_02.jpg