ZBrushCentral

nagulov's sketchbook

thanks guys.

@Icebox64:
I actually tried to do a timelapse from undo, but the thing crashed. You didn’t miss much, the only thing you would have seen is me struggling to fit the shapes together in a pleasing way. That’s why I still consider myself an advanced beginner – it takes me ages to get to place where I feel good about a sculpt. For hours they look crude and terrible, and I never know how they’ll turn out. When you watch the pros do it, it’s as if every stroke is where it should be, and the sculpt starts looking good in the first 10 mins.

But hey, the key is not the give up. Just trudge on through ‘the valley of the suck’, as ryan kingslien would say. :slight_smile:

Great job! you nailed the anatomy on all your work, I also like how you define the noses of some of your characters.

render with different materials please and thanks

Sure! Have you got any suggestions?

I actually didn’t know what material to use for this recent nude. I wanted to go with simple clay, but my wife thought the green matcap looked good. Personally I’m not sure.

Great sculpting!
I am subscribing right now!

very cool sculpt, love the last bust :+1:

Yep. Anatomy great.:+1:

despite several attempts, didn’t know where to take this creature… so i present it as is.
zhivina.jpg

Attachments

zhivina.jpg

Nice work you’ve got here!

Killer:+1:

thanks guys!

just saw your thread now. I really like the gymnast torso on pommel horse? and the lying nude that shows the pressure on the forms where she’s touching the ground.

Here’s a few things I’ve worked on in the past months. More to come soon.

Was supposed to look like the Keebler tree.
Drvo_WIP03_02.jpg

Tired of pleasing the orc queen.
orc01.jpg

Closeup of tired orc.
orc02.jpg

Ronda Roussey torso.
ronda01.jpg

Attachments

Drvo_WIP03_02.jpg

ronda01.jpg

boxer chick is nice, continue with the rest of her :slight_smile:

recognized ronda’s torso from the thumbnail, strange as that may sound… great job!

Thanks guys!

Here’s an old badass some of you might recognize:
MatoriBilder02.jpg
MatoriBilder03.jpg
MatoriBilder05.jpg

Some wips. I take a looong time to arrive at forms which don’t, in a word, suck.
MatoriBilder_WIP.jpgMatoriBilder04.jpg

Nice anatomy sculpt Congrats…love the old guy taking picture

This sculpt is based on a photo from ESPN’s body issue.
I used symmetry only on the arms. The sculpt was built in parts, I find it easier to control form that way.

shpaga01.jpg
shpaga02.jpg
shpaga03.jpg
shpaga04.jpg

And here are some wip stages:
Shpaga_WIP.jpg

Attachments

shpaga03.jpg

shpaga04.jpg

Some powerful sculpting here. Can’t wait to see more !

Fantastic work. I love your sculptural style.