ZBrushCentral

My Zbrush3 WIP

:large_orange_diamond: I like the proportions on the Bullitaur guy:+1:
…are you going to model the necessary pakaging that would go with a build like that?:laughing:

Sweet! Excellent detail again on the musculature and skin folds. I like sadicus’s “Bullitaur” description/designation, suits him well. Are you going to differentiate some more striations into the hooves? What kind of material are you using there, MatCap metal?

I’;ve been working on a minotaur type creature bust myself so looking at somebody elses take on the beast is always cool.
the last picture looks good to me, very solid muscle definition. are you going to pose/rig it in Z3 or take it somewhere else?

Hi, Everyone.
Again, sorry for the late reply. Didn’t have enough time to update my stuff… I wish I could spend more time for zbrushing and all that but since I work, (as a web designer/ IT guy for kitchen remodeling company. LOL) I can only do this during my spare time. Anyway, thank you for all those nice comments on my bullitaur guy. (THank you ‘sadicus’ for naming him.)

Originally posted by highlander_7
What kind of material are you using there, MatCap metal?
I used a material zbrush3 default ‘matcap metal1’ material. The transition of the highlight was very smooth and it just looked fine to me. :wink:

Originally posted by fieldy3000
are you going to pose/rig it in Z3 or take it somewhere else?
Here’s the posed bullitaur!!
I didn’t do any texturing stuff (and i’m not sure if i will either). All you see is just default zbrush materials.

TaurenWIP003.jpg

Drive2moon- Very nice sculpt i’m diggin this very much. Though I think he’s minotaurs human body part is a tad small its nice to see that his hind animal part is more massive as it should be in these types of configurations. Keep it up the pose does a nice job with the weapon of creating good space. :+1: :+1:

Sweet! :+1: Keep us updated.

really nice!.. you made him super muscular and bulky but you’ve done a great job of portraying the weight to his bulk… very believable… something that’s not often done well with muscle characters

Damn fine looking characters! Wow! I’m impressed man! You’ve been helped I see. Great detail on those characters. Keep the updates comin :smiley:

looks good, but that weapon head wayyy to bright. really makes it look flat. Get a better shader, then it’ll look better.

Wow, really nice stuff! I like this pose, you see the force this character have. Really nice model!

I have a idea for maximise the pose! If you just put a little bit more rotation on your upper body, maybe you character look more strong! Is a suggestion!

But I like it!

Nice job drive2moon
Cheer’s StevO

Thank you everyone.
Here is a small update.
Thank you 3Dean. Like you said, it was too bright. I guess I was too lazy for adjusting material setting. :wink:
And thank you Stubi! It was a nice suggestion. I slightly gave some twist to the upperbody along with some elevation of the front leg to make the overall action line more diagonal. I think that the bullitaur’s pose became more dynamic.:smiley:
Time to move on to my third character. Stay tuned, folks. :cool:

BullitaurWIP005.jpg

Hi, Everyone.
Here’s another character that I was working on for couple days.
This time, I wanted to stay away from musculine characters and i think this old man was a perfect choice for studying skin wrinkles and all that. Also I wanted it to be somewhat stylized so I made his legs, arms, and neck longer and slimmer than what you guys normally see. Also I’ve seen many of old characters in this zbrush forum and overall they tend to have some seriousness but I wanted to go opposite way. I’m not sure it was a right choice but old people cab be fun too!! :lol:

[OldmanWIP001.jpg]

Some really incredible modelling! I think the old guy could be more gangly though for comical effect.

You continue to impress. top row stuff man.

Cheers
Brett

Thank you, womball and brettSinclair! :wink:
Glad you guys liked it!

[OldmanWIP002.jpg]

Thats is crazy cool work man. Love the modeling, the theme, the feel. Its art man.
Has that Duane Hanson feel to it.

awesome work ! 5*

…retired ! :cool:

Hello again. Everyone.
And thank you for your kind comments, abe_Tamazir and Frenchy Pilou. :wink:

Here’s an another character. It was a my first try on cartoony style character. THe original idea of this chracter was little different from what you see on him now. All I wanted from him was being cute with huge eyes and a smile. But somehow it turned out as a have-no-idea-at-all kind of character. But I Like the way it is now. Honestly, I didn’t expect much from this character but more I work on him, more attractive he becomes as a character…And makes me wanna go back to animation!! LOL

[DumbGoblinWIP001.jpg]

Okay, Here comes another one. Still very WIP.

FYI: This model has nothing to do with z3 insertmesh. Base mesh was done in maya and most of the modeling was done about two months ago in z2. Two reasons that I couldn’t finish this model with z2…

1. I couldn’t divide it to higher lvl. My machine couldn’t handle this guy.
  2. Camera wasn’t able to get to the model close enough to do details. Now with z3 i can. Thanx pixologic!

[HellMessengerWIP001.jpg]